Clipper lighter fuel

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
That is no cheaper then aspen or even coleman fuel (per liter).
Also i think it is a dif fraction and so vaplurises at lower temp. Great in winter, but COULD(not saying would as too many varia bles) cause a problem in a self pressjrising stove like a svea 123 in very hot weather.
Alan

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
That is no cheaper then aspen or even coleman fuel (per liter).
Also i think it is a dif fraction and so vaplurises at lower temp. Great in winter, but COULD(not saying would as too many varia bles) cause a problem in a self pressjrising stove like a svea 123 in very hot weather.
Alan

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

No problems at all. The only issue you get with some stoves like the Opti 8 is using a large pot which overhangs the tank and may cause the safety valve to pop but you won't get this issue with a 123.

Coleman et al is cheaper but for an occasional user the 148 mil are a handy size to have

Sent from my Galaxy S3 without tapatalk.

Jan 15, 2012
essex
Works great in Coleman stoves or any that use Coleman fuel.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/148ml-Cli...797&pid=100011&prg=1005&rk=1&sd=180890631313&

You mean? Had some a couple or three months ago. Perfect for small stoves like an Optimus 8 or 123, little 'one shot' fuel cans sort of thing. Its pure fuel and burns very well.

Thats the stuff. I want it for my hand warmer and zippo lighter.
The pound shop. 99p store and other cheap shop in my town have no fuel in stock and i have checked the last 4 weeks.
Newport and the london stuff they sold last winter i used, 100ml cans, so this stuff works out a good price. ronson feul is rubbish in my zippo, blows out realy easy so why i asked and the chipper brand before buying 12 cans.

Jan 15, 2012
essex
Cole fuel on that links is 6.21 plus 12.95 postage, works out just under 20 pounds 1l. not what i call cheap.
millets in my local town sell it for 19.99 for 1l.
I use parafin in stove what was £8 for 4l last time i got some.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The clipper fuel is £13.50 delivered for 1.75 litres. Coleman is £6.99 a litre (£12.25 for1.75l) at Go Outdoors....so not a bad price unless if you have a Go Outdoors near you. I got the little 148ml bottles so I can just take a little spare fuel for a small stove rather than pack a spare 500ml fuel bottle.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Cole fuel on that links is 6.21 plus 12.95 postage, works out just under 20 pounds 1l. not what i call cheap.....

You're completely right, I missed the postage charges. Maybe the lighter fluid works out at a reasonable price after all. My bad :eek:

Cheers,

Stuart

Jan 15, 2012
essex
lol thats ok. easy to miss the small print.
simply-hike sell iit for 6.95 plus 2.99 pandp, so 9.94. if i got 2l still cost more, plus i dont know if it works in my hand warmer lol.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Panel wipe or Aspen works out at about £3.25 a litre but comes in five litres. I'll go through 5 litres in a long weekend certainly in winter but for most people only using a hand warmer or a small Coleman stove from time to time the clipper bottles make sense.

Jan 15, 2012
essex
http://www.tetrosyl.com/clients/www.tetrosyl.com/assets/Pdf/Refinishing_MSDS/Pre-wipe_Degreaser.pdf
after reading that i think i will give panel wipe a miss.
Cant eat, drink or smoke, i want to do all 3 of them lol
TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
HEALTH WARNINGS
This chemical can be hazardous when inhaled and/or touched. This chemical may cause skin/eye irritation and burns (corrosive). May
cause severe internal injury. Vapour from this chemical can be hazardous when inhaled.
ROUTE OF ENTRY
Inhalation. Ingestion. Skin and/or eye contact. Skin absorption

RISK PHRASES IN FULL
R11 Highly flammable.
R38 Irritating to skin.
R48/20 Harmful: danger of serious damage to health by prolonged exposure through inhalation.
R51/53 Toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment.
R62 Possible risk of impaired fertility.
R65 Harmful: may cause lung damage if swallowed.
R67 Vapours may cause drowsiness and dizziness.
Think i will stick to good old paraffin lol.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Last edited:
Jan 15, 2012
essex
lol not as bad as panel wipe, i know if you do read the bad stuff about things it would make you not use it. read what it say about basic pain killers.
If you use anything in a safe as you can way you should be ok. should lol.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
lol not as bad as panel wipe, i know if you do read the bad stuff about things it would make you not use it. read what it say about basic pain killers.
If you use anything in a safe as you can way you should be ok. should lol.

Will be ok :) Was there a difference between the panel wipe and the naptha? not enough to worry about.

Jan 15, 2012
essex
Says do not get on your hand with panel wipe at all. naptha says dont get it on your hand for a long time.
I see panel wipe looks like its being replaced with water base looking on the net, explanes why there is a lot of water base for sale on e bay.
If you had to pick one naptha whould be the one to go for, really all it says is it gets you high lol. probably just as bad as each other if you drink them. the bit about drinking any of them is nothing to care about unless your doppy and might drink it by mistake.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE