Click stand with a Trangia multifuel or gas burner?

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Its one of these.

S8001959.jpg

S8001961.jpg

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
because you can't do this with a Trangia windshield :D :

clik-1.jpg

the roll of 'foil' on the left is the stainless windshield btw :)

clik-2.jpg

but if you do that, you have not got anywhere to store your pots and kettle! Just seems odd to me, to change a tried and tested system after all, if it aint broke why fix it!!

once again thats just my personal thoughts, and not intended to start/fuel an argument.

As none of this is helping to answer the original question, i shall now leave this thread in the hopes that an answer will be forthcomming :)

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
So that will be a no then!

I tried the Markhill version and found the underpipe was too deep for the clickstand.
Tried a woodfire too with reasonable sucess http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22041

Srierner ( posts 63 + 64 of this thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22041 )
is Scott Reiner of Clickstand, that thread suggest he was going to produce a special side piece, don't know if he ever did, might be worth contacting him by email. Note the thread is 6 years old so don't expect him to remember it

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Cheers Glen,

I don't have a click at the moment, but from memory I thout it might be a bit shallow - many thanks

Andy

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
From the site...

The Clikstand S-2G is a Clikstand S-2 modified to accept gas burners (specifically the Gas Burner and Multifuel Burner made by Trangia) . The S-2G has a slot on one side to allow clearance for the gas hose/control as well as an additional set of slots to raise the burner platform to the required height for the gas burners. Like the S-2 it is a collapsible and high performance pot-stand designed for use with gas burners, alcohol burners or solid fuel tablets. The patented design is precision made in the U.S.A. from the highest quality tempered stainless steel for a lifetime of service. It has been optimized through extensive testing to provide excellent performance and ease of use in the field. It's three point design provides a stable, wobble-free platform for any size cook pot on any surface. When collapsed it will easily fit into a shirt pocket or small cook pot. It is ideal for backpackers, bikers, canoeists or anyone who needs an ultralight, reliable, compact stove.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
It may have Trangia written on the tank but the working parts are the dead same as those made by Optimus for the old Nova which is one hell of a stove.

Why they buggered around with it to make the Nova+ with all plastic parts and the control away from the burner I'll never understand!

ATB

Tom

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
It may have Trangia written on the tank but the working parts are the dead same as those made by Optimus for the old Nova which is one hell of a stove.

Why they buggered around with it to make the Nova+ with all plastic parts and the control away from the burner I'll never understand!

ATB

Tom

I know, I've just bought one and it's such a lovely solid piece of kit - it makes me smile just knowing I own it :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE