Classifieds template?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Over on another forum I'm on, they use a standardised template for sales.

Like this
Make:
/Model:
Size: (for Clothing)
Condition:
Splits/Swaps/Part Exchange:
Price/Payment:
Pictures:

I think this would limit clutter on sales threads and make them easier to read if it were implemented.

Cheers​

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I think it's a good thing but near to impossible to implement in here. People already find it extremely difficult to put threads in the right section (they simply just post it in Bushcraft Chatter), or when selling some still ask for Paypal as gift - eventhough we don't accept this for more than a year (and some don't even put a price up, or pictures of the relevant items) ... People don't read and simply bung on their shizzle ... Enforcing by removing non-compliant adds (and PM-ing people why stuff is removed, because they start throwing their teddy out of the pram) add more workload to the Mods team.

While I agree with Ahjno.
I think making a templete and making it sticky would be very benificial for thoses of us that are wanting to sell something and dont want to forget to include any pertainant info.

So perhaps in stead of making it a rule per se, how about making it a suggested format,
That way those that want it can use it but without the extra workload for the Mods.

That's my 2pence over with now ....lol

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Are people serious about not being able to list an item without prompts? for crying out loud thats crazy...:lmao: I've heard the lot now :lmao: this one takes the prize :lmao:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I give up. The day we need to hold hands or give a checklist out so someone can type a For Sale advert on a forum is sad beyond belief, for once, I'm absolutely lost for words other than those that would get me banned.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Well it's a rule on there and it works. There is a sticky with the template and you are required to use the template. It makes the endless rubbish in sales threads a thing of the past. Sure yu can add a few details etc.

Very clear structure makes the thread easier to browse.

It would be easy to implement. Just put a sticky up with the template in it. It self moderates on the other forum as members often respond with "why haven't you used the template"

Its hardly difficult to introduce. Ultimately the introduction of a few extra mods might not be a bad thing...

Controversial as usual eh rik?

Last edited:

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Well it's a rule on there and it works. There is a sticky with the template and you are required to use the template. It makes the endless rubbish in sales threads a thing of the past. Sure yu can add a few details etc.

It would be easy to implement. Just put a sticky up with the template in it. It self moderates on the other forum as members often respond with "why haven't you used the template"

Its hardly difficult to introduce. Ultimately the introduction of a few extra mods might not be a bad thing...

Might be controversial, but in a way he has a point.

Most of what you wish to be in the template is already covered by the Classifieds rules & regs (though we don't dictate the order it should be in). Have you seen that bit??

If we need more Mods to enforce such a thing it's not a good idea altogether. Things should come from the membership: bottom up, rather than top down. Mods are all asked to volunteer. It's a thankless and boring job that's mostly trawling the forum for spam, misplaced threads and breaches of forum regs or sorting out stuff in the background. At the moment we have 4 Admin and 16 Mods, with 2 new guys added recently ...

Feel free to use the template yourself and maybe others will follow if it works, and we'll see what can be done if and when it happens.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Git any examples of the cluttered and hard to understand threads Mac? It seems to be the members inability to not comment on a sales post unless asking a valid question rather than the advert it self that cluters a sales thread.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I give up. The day we need to hold hands or give a checklist out so someone can type a For Sale advert on a forum is sad beyond belief, for once, I'm absolutely lost for words other than those that would get me banned.

Imagine what a mess eBay would be if sellers didn't have to use the supplied formats.

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
ebay is also a business with paid employees.

Seems a bit over the top enforcing somethign that far. If there were examples linked of specific cluttered threads I might change my view though.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

Not controversial at all, if a member can't knock up a for sale ad what happens when they go camping and wake up in the middle of the night, could they go for 'peepee poopoo' without help? or should we draw up a 'to do list' for that as well; this template idea is yet another example of dumbing something down for the sake of it.

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Not controversial at all, if a member can't knock up a for sale ad what happens when they go camping and wake up in the middle of the night, could they go for 'peepee poopoo' without help? or should we draw up a 'to do list' for that as well; this template idea is yet another example of dumbing something down for the sake of it.

and to add to that, can people only read a standard list or not make any sense of people who write in a different order, etc?
If you have a question for someone selling something and can't see the answer - ask 'em.

Simples. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE