Cigars

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Athos

Mar 12, 2021
East Sussex
I was going to post a thread on cigars, but seeing as this exists I guess there aren’t many other cigar smokers here.

Personally, I smoke two or three cigars a week. I love a solitary smoke while I’m surrounded by beautiful nature. There’s just something special about it.

I’ve been smoking cigars for about 15 years, tried all the marcas (that’s the fancy Dan word for a Cuban cigar brand) and a lot of the New World stuff too.

@Van-Wild if you’re still interested then I’ll happily give you a few pointers in where to begin and some good retailers.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I was going to post a thread on cigars, but seeing as this exists I guess there aren’t many other cigar smokers here.

Personally, I smoke two or three cigars a week. I love a solitary smoke while I’m surrounded by beautiful nature. There’s just something special about it.

I’ve been smoking cigars for about 15 years, tried all the marcas (that’s the fancy Dan word for a Cuban cigar brand) and a lot of the New World stuff too.

@Van-Wild if you’re still interested then I’ll happily give you a few pointers in where to begin and some good retailers.
Yes I'd appreciate that. I saw some that are like shorter, stubby cigars. Apparently you can get some good ones online? But to be honest I wouldn't be very confident at all with what a 'good quality' cigar is by only seeing it online......

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Athos

Mar 12, 2021
East Sussex
You can get good cigars online, before I go in to any depth, what kind of price range are you looking at per cigar?

Take a look at a UK based website like Simply Cigars or C.Gars for an idea on price. Once you know what you like it’s often cheaper to buy abroad from other websites.

The size you’re talking about sounds like a Petit Robusto kinda size to me. Plenty of brands offer things in that size (vitola). I personally like the Montecristo Petit Edmundo.

I’d recommend a H.Upmann Half Corona to start you off. It’s a light 20-25 minute smoke with plenty of flavour. Really nice little intro to Cuban cigars. You can get one for around £10 in the UK.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
You can get good cigars online, before I go in to any depth, what kind of price range are you looking at per cigar?

Take a look at a UK based website like Simply Cigars or C.Gars for an idea on price. Once you know what you like it’s often cheaper to buy abroad from other websites.

The size you’re talking about sounds like a Petit Robusto kinda size to me. Plenty of brands offer things in that size (vitola). I personally like the Montecristo Petit Edmundo.

I’d recommend a H.Upmann Half Corona to start you off. It’s a light 20-25 minute smoke with plenty of flavour. Really nice little intro to Cuban cigars. You can get one for around £10 in the UK.
I suppose I'd be happy with £20 to start off, for one cigar. It's not like I'd be toting one one daily basis, more of a 'once in while' kind of thing..... thanks for the tip, I'll check out those websites.

If you have any recommendations, I do like the flavours of coffee (im a self confessed coffee snob!), I like vanilla and cherries as well. If that helps?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE