Christmas feel good

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Since childhood, I ( and later on my wife and son) during the Christmas - New Year perion, like to watch movies that give you a nice, happy feel.
It is almost a tradition, but not liking ‘traditions’ as such, I call them ‘customs’.

The movies we usually watch are Mary Poppins, Münchausen, Casablanca, movies like that.
Goodnight Mister Tom is the ‘newest’ movie we have in our little list.

Do you guys do something similar?

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Right now my 6 year old is into ice age and Peter rabbit films. Not Xmas related but certainly feelgood, family films.

What's that classic with the bell signaling another angel gets its wings? Mental block means I really can't remember the name of the film.

Or the one where the guy is shown what life for others would be like if he had jumped off the bridge. An old classic too but might not be one for young kids.

Pure, Xmas pulp for kids I kind of like polar express with Tom Hanks animation. Not great but fills a bit of time on Xmas eve which is when it often shows.

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
My kids gave me a trilogy of the original Star Wars movies.
If you watched "cowboys & indians" movies as a kid, you can see it all again.
Takes less and less popcorn each year. But pure fantasy entertainment.
Neat to be able to "pause" the tape to get up for whatever.

Ettrick reiver

Jan 7, 2017
Scotland
For the past couple of years it was the Star Wars series and before that the Lord of the Rings series in our local cinema. Sadly nothing suitable playing this year, however The Battle of Britain was on the TV. Agree that Goodnight Mr Tom is excellent, the late John Thaw’s acting was impeccable. Best wishes one and all.
Ettrick Reiver

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Scrooged and muppets Christmas carol get played every year.

It’s a Wonderful life with James Stewart is also a must.

My parents can’t get through Christmas without their dose of Mr Caine and the Men of Harlech. Zulu.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Still decorating the tree here, beer may be responsible it's all a bit hazy
Julie busy gearing up for Harry Potter marathon session.
IMAG3448.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE