Sold Chris Grant knife.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Another casualty of my Kitheap cull for the sin of having a handle too small for my gigantic hands.
I have seriously considered having this one re-handled by one of the craftsmen on here but at the moment I don't have the funds available so it is up for sale here for one week before being opened to the general sales thread.
Overall it's a shade over 8" with a 4 1/8" 3mm blade. I think it may be bearing steel as it is incredibly hard and holds an edge forever. Scales are dark green linen micarta with solid brass pins and a bit of exposed tang drilled for a lanyard.
Someone has had a go at patinating the blade. Not sure if it was Chris himself as it wasn't new when I bought it. There are also nine tiny punch marks along the top, which I was told were done as part of hardness testing. They are really tiny and don't affect the function at all, obviously.
It comes with a nice leather sheath with a lanyard tube and a brass D ring.
I've used it for food prep on meat and fish where the razor sharp edge makes pretty much any cutting a doddle. It's far and away the sharpest knife I've ever owned and would be getting a new handle if I had funds in hand. Chris Grant's work doesn't seem to come up for sale very often (understandably as its so good.) and the quality is amazing.
NOW SOLD.
P
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php

Last edited:

Bartsman

Forager
Jan 5, 2013
Princetown
Sadly I can’t see the photos either.

Out of interest who are the craftsmen on here who are happy to rehandle a knife?

BW

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE