Chilly Bimble

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Hugo & I went off on our weekly bimble earlier today, unfortunately Rockmonkey couldn't join us today as he was working, the day started, as it did for most of the country, freezing cold with the odd snow flurry in the air, so we decided pretty early on that today was a keep moving day, no lingering around, well just enough lingering to get a decent brew on now and again:),

few pics

The 'Spring' woods

DSCN4175.jpg

rather than keep to the paths, we went 'off piste' and followed the game trails instead, much more fun and so much more to see

DSCN4176.jpg

DSCN4177.jpg

speaking of things to see

DSCN4178.jpg

DSCN4180.jpg

we found this neat shelter spot

DSCN4182.jpg

it's so neat, the wildlife also use it.

DSCN4183.jpg

back on the trail

DSCN4184.jpg

Ice still on the fallen logs, although until a few moments before this did have a tarp over it that the Mountain Bikers had left behind.

DSCN4191.jpg

The tarp is not the only thing they left behind, as per normal, a trail of devastation and new jumps made, what really hacks us off, is A) they are not supposed to be in these woods and B) 500 yards East of these, the Estate has built a number of purpose built tracks, with jumps, bridges, banked corners the works, yet the eejits still insist on making their own and destroying the woodland in the process, i guess, by not using the official MB trails, they are rebelling against authority, i just hope they don't have an accident on these unofficial ones and land on one of the three to four foot stumps they leave behind, because they will get pole axed if they do

DSCN4193.jpg

DSCN4194.jpg

anyways, out of the woods for a few moments and a look over the Coombe

DSCN4195.jpg

DSCN4196.jpg

then up through the Box thicket to one of the many Badger Setts around here

DSCN4198.jpg

DSCN4200.jpg

then onwards and upwards, found a comb

DSCN4205.jpg

then back down the track this time to the old barn for a brew

DSCN4207.jpg

past the Primroses

DSCN4209.jpg

and out into the open, where we saw the glider that has been around all day again

DSCN4210.jpg

then back down to the cars and home.

Was a great day out, freezing cold in biting wind, but superb just being out there enjoying it with great company as normal.

Roll on next week.:)

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Nice one kepis. Shame about the mountain bikers. One day they will have a nasty encounter with a stump. Lovely place. Just getting a bit tired of this cod weather.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks for the good company Kepis mate.
A cold day it was but going off the beaten track made it very interesting and the amount of birds we saw was great.
Going to pimp the little burner you gave me today so it's an integral pot stand, will be lighter and more easy to use.
See you next week in the woods mate.
You were missed Rock Monkey.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thanks for the good company Kepis mate.
A cold day it was but going off the beaten track made it very interesting and the amount of birds we saw was great.
Going to pimp the little burner you gave me today so it's an integral pot stand, will be lighter and more easy to use.
See you next week in the woods mate.
You were missed Rock Monkey.

I think we should do the same next week, and perhaps go and build that shelter we were talking about last week?

Look forward to seeing the stove mod

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice pics again Mark

It's actually starting to feel a bit like spring up here the last couple of days, most of the snow has gone and it's actually been quite warm out of the wind.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Nice pics again Mark

It's actually starting to feel a bit like spring up here the last couple of days, most of the snow has gone and it's actually been quite warm out of the wind.

Wish it was spring like down here Rich, perishingly cold it is, still supposed to warm up next week, then it will rain:lmao:

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
Cool. Did you keep the bees comb? Does anyone know if the comb itself is what can be melted down as bees wax?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE