childrens meals toys.new use

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

willowherb

Nov 12, 2006
peebles
hi

ive found a great use for those rubbish toys you get at maccy dees
easy to convert into a tripwire device so that you can alarm your camp at night incase of intruders.
i know most of you must think ive got to much time on my hands.lolbut hey it is recyling

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
willowherb said:
hi

ive found a great use for those rubbish toys you get at maccy dees
easy to convert into a tripwire device so that you can alarm your camp at night incase of intruders.
i know most of you must think ive got to much time on my hands.lolbut hey it is recyling

:lmao:
Like the recycling idea, though setting out tripwire for possible intruders seems a bit over the top for me :D
If you camp with permission you don't need it ;) And there aren't any murderers out in the woods in search for sleeping campers to murder :p They have more chance for a suitable victim in the cities than in the woods, and they probably are scared of the dark / strange noises :yikes: so they don't go there anyway. :( :rolleyes:
;)

Green paracord (2/3 mm) does the same job ;)

willowherb

Nov 12, 2006
peebles
up here in the borders we have wild cats that i thought were a joke but ive seen them 3 times this year now.was wanting to try rigging up a camera to take a pic

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
willowherb said:
tripwire device so that you can alarm your camp at night incase of intruders.

Great Idea. Dont know much about the intruders but I have set an alarm on the tent door to stop the really little children escaping in the middle of the night. Maccy Dees can provide a near endless supply of light up motion sensor beeping things, and some of them might be useful when camping. I used to tie bells to my daughter when she was little so I could hear her wander off. Mobile phone number written on childs arm with perminant marker is good as well.

Usual disclaimer: The use of maccy dee products is no substitue for parental supervision or home cook food. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE