Check Your Thermals!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
They've shrunk or I have put on weight...
either way wife in tears of laughter this morning as I perform a homage to Max Wall looking for my trousers..

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:lmao:

It's perishing cold here this morning. -1.6˚C here just now. Flat calm, beautifully crisp and bright though.

Haven't looked out my thermals yet, but I've got the fleecy boot/slipper things on these last few days.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Bit overcast here this morning so not too bad. We've had few -4° or so mornings in the last couple of weeks though.
Max Wall, there's a blast from the past, those of us who can remember him are showing our age!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
+2C with rain and N wind. Maybe some wet snow on everything by morning.
Hot drinks. Hot breakfast, even soups.
1. I need a selection of extra blankets for the bed. That plus flannel cloth jammies.
2. No, I will not turn up the central heating above 19C.
3. I really enjoy flannel-lined denim jeans. A quilted flannel overshirt
(instead of a sweater/jumper) because it has lots of pockets!
4. Then, I go out. Outback Kodiak waxed canvas hat. 20 yr old Carhartt barn/ranch coat busts the wind, snow and rain.
= = =
This ka-ka has already hit -16C and -30C over the winter is not unusual.
The sled-heads claim there's no more than 12-16" up top to ride on but that will be 10-20' by March.
= = =
Look at the fabrics. The softer, fuzzy things warm faster and hold the heat better than the slick, smooth synthetics.
Google McBride. The mountain tops are fresh loaded with snow. Post card pretty.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I wish I could find mine. I had them a couple of weeks ago. Washed them ready for the winter. But they have hopped it somewhere. Realy frustrating! I may have to go and buy some more then they will turn up... and yes I've checked the ironing pile and the draws. I remember folding them up and putting them somewhere but blowed if I know where!

Last edited:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Bought a new pair of denim (?) pants.
Some sort of fabric thermal lining and it isn't the traditional flannel.
Lost in my packing to get home from the city.
When found, I'll post. the tag notes.

I've got thermal underwear, it's forever riding down and twisting.
I'd rather have the thermals built right into pairs of pants.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Got two pairs of thermal denim jeans. One from aldi a few years ago and I bought a new pair this year from rohan(Expensive,)but as you say so much more comfy than wearing thermals that twist and ride up your legs. I'm with you there RV.

Reactions: Robson Valley

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE