Cheap, tough, non-military/tactical 25-30 litre commuter, waterproof rucksack?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Just realised there's a few slash like holes in my third alpkit Gourdon drybag rucksack. It somehow doesn't leak but time for a replacement.

Anything else put there?

Light, waterproof enough to trust it with devices, comfortable, basic single compartment or no more than a lidpocket and flask sized side pockets. It sounds like am alpkit Gourdon fits the bill but I'm looking at anything else.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Alpkit and decathlon bags are both £42. Since alpkit Gourdon lasted me over 10 years and cost me about £32 I think I might stick with it.

The mesh pockets are great for flasks/bottles of which I carry two plus an insulated mug. One that doesn't leak inside then the flask and mug which have leaked when not closed right on the outside. You get used to something and it becomes what you think you need.

The lomo stuff looks good but alpkit seem to be the only ones with decent sized external pockets of any kind.

Reactions: nigelp

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE