Cheap knives Uk?

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Unreinforced PP is fairly flexible, it might be just strong enough but not stiff enough. It is also one of the cheapest materials one could try, while the price would be no problem if the material were otherwise right for the job I am a bit in doubt this time. I would be happy to change my mind if somebody proves me wrong empirically.

Reactions: rowen

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
Hi TML it was more the website I was dubious about the prices are very reasonable and with free shipping , it’s a site I’ve not seen before, thanks for the advice about the handle material.
The wood handle version is £35 & free pp compared to on HH £40 with £4 postage

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
The steel used is very tough, meaning it does not chip or otherwise break easily but in comparison to many other common ones that is about it. It produces high contrast in etching when used in damascus.

But yes that price is is still low, maybe just Made in China.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Have you clicked on the delivery and about us bits? It talks about a flat fee of 3.99 USD and US warehouse and clothing. It also says it's based on laws in Canada.... The contact address looks wrong and google maps can't find the post code.

I've not ordered from them, no.

Reactions: rowen

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The handles are fine, we had a group buy on BB years ago, I think we must have had well over a hundred in all the colours, very strong knives, I still have my pink one somewhere.

As for the company, I’ve never heard of them.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Err, I have a standard Peasant with placky handle (in blue) and there's no issues with its strength at all.
If I were to level a complaint at it I would say that when closed it takes up a LOT of pocket space cos the tang makes it very long.
I've filed the blade down so its less that 76mm but when closed its a big numb contraption and I'm just not doing silly little belt carry sheath things for a penknife, I'd look like a right Barry from the IT department.

I honestly half like it, in use its quite nice but it's just a lot longer than a slipjoint in my pocket so I don't carry it often.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE