Chapman Troutbeck 14 Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
In January I bought a Chapman Troutbeck 14 fishing bag from Woodlore (best price at the time). The bag arrived with Woodlores usual efficiency. Not the cheapest of bags around I know. But you can see where your money goes.

http://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/861-Chapman-Troutbeck-14-Fishing-Bag/

http://www.chapmanbags.com/ChapmanBagsSite/product/Countryrodandgun_fishing/NTF1416.htm

The material the bag is made from is cotton bonded with rubber. All the leather is of a high quality the cover flap has both brass buckles and clogball fastenings the clogball allow quick access to the main compartment. The adjustable strap is made from military grade cotton webbing, with solid brass fittings. These include a brass ring on the strap for attaching a landing net in the fishing bag role. The workmanship is excellent throughout.
The bag has a main compartment and two outer pockets with press stud flaps. There is also a small slip pocket in the main compartment. The bag came with the rubberised cotton liner in the main compartment this can be removed by the use of press studs. The main compartment can take an A4 pad even with the liner in the front pockets will take a penguin size paperback guide book.
I have had it for a few months now. It has been the bag I find myself reaching for the most, using it pretty much every day for a range of tasks. These include carrying stuff needed at uni , field trips , carrying out ecological surveys and as a possible bag. It has been out in all weathers and has kept the things in side dry. A great bag that I can see is going to give years of service.
I have no connection with either company just a very satisfied customer.

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
I know it is expensive and a £10 army surplus gas mask case will do the same job I also have one of these, well I have a collection of bags. This seems to be the going price of a bag of this quality ie Filson, Duluth, Barbour and Brady.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE