Cfp-90

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Caboose117

Jul 12, 2006
USA
i been thinking about getting this pack has anyone have any expirence with this pack and if so is it worth buying?

import or original?

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
A large pack, pretty comfortable if adjusted properly to the wearer. The stays need to be formed to fit your back.
Only thing I didn't like was the woodland camo pattern and the one single pocket on one side and two pockets on the opposite. It made it hard to balance the load. I used one in SF for sometime and it was way better than the standard ALICE thing. That was a killer if you are over a certain height.
I would say the CPF90 is a good pack if you don't mind the camo material. I actually have an early prototype in OD with 4 side pockets. Vector, a subsidary of Lowe Alpine first designed the pack and I used to get samples from time to time. I was able to keep the OD cordura one, still use it regularly. Hope that helps some.

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
I've used both versions and would personally stay clear of the later US army woodland camouflage version as its renowned for poor materials and build quality.

The Lowe Alpine Systems version on the other hand (some olive green with a brown base and others in woodland camouflage) have a fantastic build quality and are made from 1000D cordura. They should have 'Lowe' or 'Lowe Alpine' on the press-stud fasteners at the top of the frame bars.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Yes, that is the one I have, Lowe Alpine OD with a dark brown bottom. I would stay clear of the discount imported copys, cheap but not of the same quality, not genuine issue either.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
cfp90.jpg

I've tried on a genuine version, i found the material really floppy, and although the pack was comfortable i did'nt like the pocket arangement, also the pocket closures didn't seal well loads of space for kit to fall out! :(

sorry thumbs down from me!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE