Central Scotland camping spots

Sep 23, 2010
Stirling, Scotland
Hi.

I'm planning a trip for the end of march and was hoping on some advice. I've just got rid of my car so I'm relying on public transport which I hate so want to keep journey time down.

I'm thinking about loch ard but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited:

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
It's very easy to get a bus to Loch Earn from Stirling, you can camp on the beach and for a more peaceful night take a hike up one of the tributaries on the north shore.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Loch Earn is a good area , but a bit closer to you is Callender . cross the river and head south west towards loch venachar , up the hill to the south
is loch Drunkie set in a lovley bit of woodland .
I first camped by loch drunkie in April 86 ,i remember it well as i was laying in my tent listening to radio reports of the chernobyl disaster .

Craig...............

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Loch Earn is a good area , but a bit closer to you is Callender . cross the river and head south west towards loch venachar , up the hill to the south
is loch Drunkie set in a lovley bit of woodland .
I first camped by loch drunkie in April 86 ,i remember it well as i was laying in my tent listening to radio reports of the chernobyl disaster .

Craig...............
can u drive ti loch drunkie , craig

Sep 23, 2010
Stirling, Scotland
Thanks everyone.

Great sugestions, keep them coming please. I'm going to head to the library at the weekend and get some map time in.

I'm taking my girlfriend and don't what there to be too much walking involved so I don't get the inevitable "are we there yet? " every 10 minutes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE