Withdrawn Cedar offcuts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Quite simply we have moths and lots of them, I am washing and hoovering, and not reduced much.

Not wanting to use chemicals, I am looking for Red Cedar / cedar offcuts to place everywhere.

Has anyone cut down a Cedar recently and wanted to get rid of a few branches?

Happy to collect if in Canterbury, Kent, or pay postage for a box of offcuts.

Cheers gra

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Quite simply we have moths and lots of them, I am washing and hoovering, and not reduced much.

Not wanting to use chemicals, I am looking for Red Cedar / cedar offcuts to place everywhere.

Has anyone cut down a Cedar recently and wanted to get rid of a few branches?

Happy to collect if in Canterbury, Kent, or pay postage for a box of offcuts.

Cheers gra

Both myself and @Toddy bought bagged shavings from eBay to make Christmas smells a few years ago. I can’t find the seller, but she may know.

We had moths in our previous place and I put bags (the mesh ones for supermarket veg) stuffed with Rosemary, Lavender, plus cloths sprayed with Cedar, Eucalyptus and Pine oils. That and hoovering reduced the moths to just the occasional few cocoons where we’d forgotten to move a rug or piece of furniture. When we found the isolated ones we just used a moth spray in that small area.

Reactions: gra_farmer

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
I am friends with the L A ‘big man’
Who supplies insects for Hollywierd. Cedar and very pungent pipe tobacco ( on a open container)!are mild repellents. If you can keep a low Watt lightbulb on in closets that helps. The ultimate solution are traps with pheromones to wipe out the males.
This breaks repopulation.

Reactions: gra_farmer

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE