Caving overalls?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Did a spot of domestic spelunking yesterday - went under our suspended floor. No valuable treasures, unless damp rubble is worth something, but got absolutely filthy and the pockets on my combat trousers kept getting caught as I squeezed through the small gaps between rooms.

Any recommendations for something with reinforced/waterproof knees for crawling about in cramped, damp spaces in?

Before you ask, all the vents are clear but with the water table so high, I'm surprised it's not under water down there... :)

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
Warmbac caving suit. Waterproof, hard wearing cordura and designed for this kind of activity.

Not cheap though, so if it's only for the odd bit a cheap set of waterproofs from ebay might be more appropriate. Or if it doesn't need to be waterproof a mechanics boiler suit works well. That's what I use for mine exploring in dry mines.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE