Caught out by the snow?

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Anyone get caught out by the snow in their cars?

I nearly got stuck in Lakes but made a worrying drive out through the snow, abandoned cars and the good spirited passersby helping struggling cars out. Just glad I had my old diesel astra estate. Diesel cars much better than petrol IMHOl

JC1984

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2012
Craster, Northumberland
No, but the drive down from Northumberland to Leeds this morning was horrendous. Normally takes 2hours and it was over 4 before I got to work. Never seen so many crashed and abandoned vehicles, or such massive closures of motorways, it was absolute carnage.
In particular there was a wagon that had come off the M1, through the crash barrier, up the verge, through a 3m high wooden fence, across the adjacent A-road and down a verge into a field, hitting a fence and tree - I really hope the driver was ok. That was just one example, you'd think once things got moving that people might take heed, but no...I have never sensed an imminent crash like I did this morning. Luckily made it safe and sound, unlike many others :(

Was pretty glad I had all my outdoor gear in the boot!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Yeah we had trouble in the Midlands on Saturday night. We left Melton Mowbray to go to my brothers house in Loughborough, got blocked half way there by sideways trucks and 5 series BMWs stuck on a tiny hill. We spun round and headed for Grantham and the A1 and then Leeds, 4.5 hours round trip

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
No snow where i am, but be careful with diesel, in really cold temps it will turn into a jelly like substance. Its been know in arctic countries if you couldn't buy the correct addative to put some petrol into your tank and a very weak ratio to stop the coagulation !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE