Catapult recommendation wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
I am going to get a catapult. As I'm new to it i thought I would start with a middle of the range one to see how it goes. Can anyone recommend one or share their experience or just point me in the direction of an informative video perhaps Thanks in advance x

Souledman

Nov 14, 2020
Glasgow
There’s a chap over on another forum who is dead into these. He’s suggested a starter kit from Wasps Slingshots on eBay as a intro. I think the Enzo model was recommended because it can be set up OTT (over the top) or TTF (through the frame) and choosing between the two set ups is really down to individual preference. No affiliation or experience, I just remember seeing something about this and passing on the knowledge. It looks like there are a couple of reviews on YouTube too.

Reactions: Madriverrob

Elsenham 177

Forager
Dec 23, 2020
Essex
I would certainly recommend wasp catapults. Also look at simple shot catapults, they make great catapults and do some very good youtube videos covering all aspects of slingshot shooting.

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
Another vote for Wasp as a starter set up. Superb value for money frames. I’ve got an Enzo here somewhere I’d be willing to sell you if interested??

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
I would recommend you get a frame that will enable you to experiment with both band orientations, OTT and TTF, use light bands and small ammo to begin with until you have your grip and aiming style locked down. Just practice (safely) and experiment until you have your own personal shooting style. There’s plenty of videos on aiming techniques from catapult carnage and gamekeeper John on YouTube. You can move on to more expensive frames and heavier bands/ammo as your accuracy/technique develops.

Have fun, be safe, good luck.

Dan

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Reactions: TeeDee

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Thank you everybody. I have only just noticed all these replies to my thread. Thank you for your input. I did eventually settle on a vintage Barnett black widow. I originally bought a Jake pyke tornado which was powerful but I found it very bulky and uncomfortable.
I agree that some of the flat band catapults are superb but I wanted to use tubes for their longevity. I have also shortened the bands on mine. Not only is it amazingly accurate but it is very powerful. It also has a black widow spider molded into the handle which is super cool. I am going to stick with this. Thank you again everyone. x

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
I have a few of the gamekeeper John versions and find them very 'pocketable'. I try to use the same diameter and sized ball bearings to maintain consistency

Reactions: Smudge

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Anyone know the difference between the Uniphox. and Enzo? Seems like the Enzo was originally a redesign and called the Uniphoxx Enzo.

I‘m browsing with intent and very nearly bought the Enzo starter kit that’s on offer at the moment. Then the overthinking set in :confused:

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
Not sure what the differences are, but the outlaw is a good starter kit, with a comfortable frame and also has the aiming sight band clamps.
I bought one a few weeks back and have been enjoying it, more so than my others as I can (not that I have had to yet) replace the elastic easier with the clamps, and have a more precise aiming point

Reactions: Nice65

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE