Cat stove

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
I know that many have seen this but just got round to making the cat stove.
Very impressed ,good warm up time burns for 8mins boils 1/2 litre in 5 mins flat 2 tablespoons of meths.
The easiest alcohol stove to make bar making the holes ( I used a leather punch bit tricky) deffo will take this for quick brew stops.goodjob
Dave
http://jwbasecamp.com/Articles/SuperCat/index.html

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
They're great stoves and they're a great starting point for you to get into stove making...check out some other designs and try to make them and then try to improve your boil times! It's great fun and it's far cheaper than buying a Trangia!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Been meaning to have a go myself for ages, good link Dave cheers.

There's a gravity fed fuel version kicking about on hammock forums which looks good, I'll try and dig out a link.

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Have a go its a piece of p....the cat tin was a Morrissons own brand basically there own version of felix. Forget the the make but it was with turkey!
Anyhoo the dimensions are in the article take a a tape measure I used a cheap hole punch which if you twist the can will just go though the tin. The dog we dog sit occasionally has a treat with a tin of cat food!!
Anyhoo I was well impressed gonna make a snuffer and stand (not necessary) and its gonna be my main field brew kit.
Dave

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
i'll have a look thursday.
the reason i asked is i don't want to look a plank in morrisons measuring catfood tins ;)
He he know what you mean I didn't measure, they're just the small ones bit lo
like tuna tins but smaller think there was a pic on the site to show you which ones work.
Well worth the small effort.
dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE