cast iron cooking

N

Newbie woodworm

Can anyone recomend a good place to buy a cast iron dutch oven at a good price, with a possible 6 more to follow? :bluThinki

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have the very pot that led gave the link too - great value for money! Delighted with mine

Red

B

bluemountaingunworks

I have several dutch ovens and cast skillets manufactured by an outfit called Lodge. I have never had any problems; no breakage, season well, clean easily, and cook great! I don't have a particular source for you, but the web should take care of that! Have fun cooking in cast and God Bless! Jerry

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
British Red said:
I have the very pot that led gave the link too - great value for money! Delighted with mine

Red

I have one too - delighted with mine - excellent value and fast delivery. I looked for ages and even explored importing from the USA, but the delivery costs when astronomical ($120+!!!)

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
Guys,

You've made my day/week/year. I've been looking for one of these for ages, years, I too considered importing a Lodge one from the USA but just couldn't justify the shipping cost, and didn't fancy an aluminium one.

Will be placing an order soonest!! :You_Rock_

N

Newbie woodworm

To All,
thanks for all the replies, :You_Rock_ I now have to sort through your suggestions.
Any advice on size and does it really matter?

:newbie:

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
Depends how many you're cooking for! :rolleyes:

The guy in the above link (Ronnie Sunshines) is selling a 30cm dia, 10cm deep one, he says that's 6 litre, so should do stew for 10 or so at a guess. I'm an explorer scout leader so wanted something fairly big and was initially looking for a 15cm deep one, but this is the biggest one he has and I've not seen them for sale anywhere else in the UK so it will be just right :)

N

Newbie woodworm

Hi Folks,
Thanks again for all your help the purchase has been made with several of my friends wanting to see the pot when it arrives.
:newbie:

arn't these smileys cool!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE