Casstrom Woodsman review & other bits

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nomadliam

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2016
United Kingdom
Hey all,

Thought some of you may find this useful, I brought a new Casstrom Woodsman the other day and did a first thoughts test and review video on my channel and a little write up below.

It really is a lovely knife, came razor sharp out of the box and performed really well.

f912d0216ed334ffc499d7d58d94c7d7.jpg
The handle is stunning, and feels well fitted to my hand, it looks almost like leopard print, I got it in curly birch with black micarta liners, it's also available in bog oak which is also lively looking but darker in colour.

It has a 4mm blade thickness which I really like, it's the thickest blade I've owned and I'm a fan so far, for batoning it really drives the wood apart and feels substantial enough to take some serious blows, not that it needed it. Cutting fresh saplings was done easily and I didn't find the length of the blade being slightly shorter than I'm used to detrimental.

Feathering with it was a dream straight out of the box aswell, it provided a clean cut and tight feathers, it's only my technique that needs improvement.

The sheath provided is a tight fit and like the knife itself its finished really well.

Overall its a really good first impression from this knife and I'd suggest looking at it as a good contender if you were looking for a well made and well priced bushcraft blade.

If you'd like to see it in action then feel free to see the video below.

Hope it helped :)

https://youtu.be/aY8f1c52PvU

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
Nice vid bud. Looks like you've got yourself a nice pair of strides and a grand wee knife there. It also looked like a lovely day in that great spot where you were filming. The Casstrom knife looks great and i will definitely have a look in Decathlon for those trousers. 🙂

Nomadliam

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2016
United Kingdom
Just updated the original post with a small written review of the knife, I would have done this when I posted originally but I got caught up so thought I'd leave the video there at first.

Hope this helps for anyone looking to read a bit about it.

Nice vid bud. Looks like you've got yourself a nice pair of strides and a grand wee knife there. It also looked like a lovely day in that great spot where you were filming. The Casstrom knife looks great and i will definitely have a look in Decathlon for those trousers. 🙂

Thank you, it's a lovely blade and was a great location. The trousers are also superb, I think the name is Marly trousers from the percussion range.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
Nice video, thanks. If I was not already blade-saturated and happy with my M.O.R.A, that knife sure would be on my user-shortlist. Roger Harringtons patterns always seem to work well.

-Emile

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE