Carving a bird

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
This is a nice video I found on youtube, but it still amazes me he never cuts himself:eek:
I'm going to try carving a bird like this myself soon, only using a somewhat more, ehrm, civilised knife!

[video=youtube;Iome0_REpXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iome0_REpXw[/video]

My apoligies if you've already seen it.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Yeah Niels, that is a whole different style of carving and as many of these kind of style of carving they are learned by experience.
Might you need any help on your carving technique I would happily invite you over some day in the north, for a good day of woodland fun perhaps in the holidays when I finally get time to do fun stuff again ^^.
Yours sincerely, yer fella dutchie Ruud

Ps and remember everything you do is worth showing, it one of the reason why I keep every first attempt and never try to fix it up or make it better then it was, as then you can see from where you came and its not the destination that count, but the journey

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Yeah Niels, that is a whole different style of carving and as many of these kind of style of carving they are learned by experience.
Might you need any help on your carving technique I would happily invite you over some day in the north, for a good day of woodland fun perhaps in the holidays when I finally get time to do fun stuff again ^^.
Yours sincerely, yer fella dutchie Ruud

Ps and remember everything you do is worth showing, it one of the reason why I keep every first attempt and never try to fix it up or make it better then it was, as then you can see from where you came and its not the destination that count, but the journey

That would be really great Ruud, I would love to meet up with you in the holidays someday:)
And I agree, the worse your mistakes, the more you learn from it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE