Carved mouse

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
People I am struggling here!

My mother wants a carved mouse for xmas, and I cant find one anywhere!!!

Not remotely bushcrafty but am in somewhat of a pickle

Any ideas

M

magicaltrevor

w_mahagoni_big.jpg

Here you go mate :lmao: :lmao:

M

magicaltrevor

Go on mate, get her the carved wooden computer mouse! She'll see the funny side.......

P Wren

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
Kent,Surrey Borders
Hello Pignut

Maybe I can help.

If you can track one down that’s been done in an agreeable style, I think your mother might like a carved Japanese 'netsuke' Mouse.

Netsuke is a style of Japanese carving that dates back to the 17th Century . Netsuke are small carvings made of wood stone or ivory that were often used as buttons or toggles or worn on clothing. They are very collectable and often really nice pieces of sculpture in their own right. They are also very reasonably priced - unless you are collecting ones dating back to 17th Cenutry!!

I have seen them on sale in Merton Abbey Mills in South London but note you are in Lincolnshire.

You could always try Ebay - there is one listed at the moment

'netsuke' Mouse

But I have seen far nicer designs than this one.
Also should explain the subject dipicted by nutsuke can be anything under the sun - also you should only have to pay between £5 - £12 for a nice modern nutsuke.

And it's sort ot bushcrafty tradtitional craft related ! (especially if they used a crook knife!)

Good luck in your search
Kind regards

Paul

monkey_pork

Forager
May 19, 2005
Devonshire
I'd second this idea, I've had some very fine netsuke from eBay.

Like anything you'll need a close eye on what you are getting - but you'll find that some of the stuff is really good work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE