Careless Couriers and Dodgy Deliveries

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I've been having a problem with MyHermes. They keep leaving stuff for my next-door neighbour on my doorstep. The courier puts a card through MY door- not theirs, with FRONT DOOR written on it and no other information. This means my neighbour is not notified that I have a parcel for them. My neighbours, like ourselves, are retired and at home most days. However, we spend extended periods away travelling in which case the neighbours' parcels could be there for weeks.

Now I'm an honest guy and get on well with my neighbours and don't mind taking the odd parcel in for them, but MyHermes doesn't know this. They leave the parcels in view of the road and exposed to the weather. Complaints to MyHermes result in conciliatory emails, but no action so this has been going on for months.

Yesterday capped it all. While I was sitting over a mid-morning coffee, a woman walked into the garden and out again. Guess what- she had dumped yet another parcel for the neighbour, left a card in my letterbox and was away without any attempt to knock or ring despite both of us being in and two vehicles in the drive.

Now this got me thinking about the number of gripes I have read on this site about stuff ordered not turning up. The seller gets the blame, but what if the courier is at fault? I then thought about the many makers on this site who send high-value items such as knives by courier. What if a minor gets hold of a knife and misuses it? I don't think those who pay MyHermes to deliver are getting the service they pay for and have started to email the senders of packages wrongly delivered about how they are receiving poor service and suggesting that they get their money back.

I would love to hear from other members about their experiences with couriers in general and MyHermes in particular. Am I unlucky in having a rogue courier, or this common? If you are a maker, how confident are you that you are getting the quality of service you are paying for? Can you be sure that a knife is delivered to the responsible adult who ordered it?

Sep 11, 2014
Maidstone, KENT
MyHermes - 'turned up at 4-30am & stuffed my parcel in a hedge while it was tipping down with rain.
- the note through the letter-box said 'in hedge'.
- I was as wet as the parcel by the time I found it !

Royal Mail - 'tried to slip a 'sorry you were out' card quietly through the letterbox.
- I caught the postman, & we agreed that, in truth, it was a 'sorry, I couldn't be bothered to deliver it, so I left it at the depot, & thought you could go and get it yourself' card.

drliamski

Sep 11, 2006
East London
My hermes are terrible. I have problem after problem.
attachment.php

Attachments

• My Hermes Live Assistance.jpg
    My Hermes Live Assistance.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 77

drliamski

Sep 11, 2006
East London
I am currently trying to track down another parcel, copy from their chat help.
chatAgent.png
Faiz Shaikh: Hi, my name is Faiz Shaikh. How may I help you?
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: Yeah you went quiet before
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: can you find my parcel
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: I have two blank cards through the door, and no tracking number
chatAgent.png
Faiz Shaikh: I am sorry as you have received blank calling card.
chatAgent.png
Faiz Shaikh: Could you please provide the bar code number which is on the top right hand corner of the calling card.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: 95991713 and 95146308 My address is 888888
chatAgent.png
Faiz Shaikh: Thank you. Please give me a moment while I check details for your parcel.
chatAgent.png
Faiz Shaikh: I am sorry I am unable to track any thing with your barcode id provided can you please provide your delivery name and post code.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: Are you a computer
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: or actual live chat?
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: My name is A L Murdoch
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: post code is N8
chatAgent.png
Faiz Shaikh: Thank you. Please give me a moment while I check details for your parcel.
chatAgent.png
Faiz Shaikh: I have checked the tracking of your parcel the tracking shows parcel delivered to house hold to Jo and signed by him.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: When
chatAgent.png
Faiz Shaikh: It was delivered on 11/03/16 at 15:06.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: So why have I got two cards dates 16/03/16 and 15/03/16
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: I am awating a new parcel
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: and your driver will re attempt tomorrow.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: there will be nobody in. I need to rearrange delivery.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: Can you help please.
chatAgent.png
Faiz Shaikh: I am sorry I cannot see any new parcel under your name please contact your shipper and ask for 16 digit tracking number.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: So what about the card you posted through the door
chatAgent.png
Faiz Shaikh: Please ignore them.

Last edited:

drliamski

Sep 11, 2006
East London
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: So what about the card you posted through the door
chatAgent.png
Faiz Shaikh: Please ignore them.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: Are you serious?
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: I am going to complain to your head office and this is going all over twitter.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Liam Murdoch: you need to sort this out
chatAgent.png
Faiz Shaikh: Yes please ignore them as there is no new parcels under your name.
chatAgent.png
Faiz Shaikh: As you have not responded for a while, I will need to conclude this session in another two minutes.
chatAgent.png
Faiz Shaikh: Unfortunately as you have not responded, I am now concluding this session. Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you require further assistance.
chatAlert.png
Faiz Shaikh has disconnected.

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
There was a program on tv a few months ago about couriers, shocking footage of parcels containing laptops, lcd tv's being dropped over 7ft walls. They were loading lorry's at depots by just throwing parcels in, they couldn't give a toss, workers at the depot were saying management were telling them to just fling the parcels in to save time.

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Is MyHermes a franchise operation? Our local MH lady is superb, we have a lot of deliveries due to living in the middle of nowhere and she is always on time and delivers to hand if we are obviously in or to safe place if we are out. Yodel, on the other hand, are a bunch of kleptomaniac drunken shaved monkeys.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I use MyHermes and Collect+ and have never had a single problem. Everything has arrived or been delivered.

The couriers have always been both cheerful and helpful. We take in parcels for the young and both out at work couple at the end house, but my neighbours will take in for me if I'm out. It's a quiet street but even so, I think it's your courier that's the issue.
One courier, who has delivered often, said he heard me hoovering, so just waited until it went off before ringing the bell so he could get my signature. He knew I'd not hear him otherwise.

I have no complaints about either MyHermes or Collect+ :)

M

Tomteifi

Nomad
Jan 22, 2016
Carmarthenshire, South Wales
I've been having a problem with MyHermes. They keep leaving stuff for my next-door neighbour on my doorstep. The courier puts a card through MY door- not theirs, with FRONT DOOR written on it and no other information. This means my neighbour is not notified that I have a parcel for them. My neighbours, like ourselves, are retired and at home most days. However, we spend extended periods away travelling in which case the neighbours' parcels could be there for weeks.

Now I'm an honest guy and get on well with my neighbours and don't mind taking the odd parcel in for them, but MyHermes doesn't know this. They leave the parcels in view of the road and exposed to the weather. Complaints to MyHermes result in conciliatory emails, but no action so this has been going on for months.

Yesterday capped it all. While I was sitting over a mid-morning coffee, a woman walked into the garden and out again. Guess what- she had dumped yet another parcel for the neighbour, left a card in my letterbox and was away without any attempt to knock or ring despite both of us being in and two vehicles in the drive.

Now this got me thinking about the number of gripes I have read on this site about stuff ordered not turning up. The seller gets the blame, but what if the courier is at fault? I then thought about the many makers on this site who send high-value items such as knives by courier. What if a minor gets hold of a knife and misuses it? I don't think those who pay MyHermes to deliver are getting the service they pay for and have started to email the senders of packages wrongly delivered about how they are receiving poor service and suggesting that they get their money back.

I would love to hear from other members about their experiences with couriers in general and MyHermes in particular. Am I unlucky in having a rogue courier, or this common? If you are a maker, how confident are you that you are getting the quality of service you are paying for? Can you be sure that a knife is delivered to the responsible adult who ordered it?

Hi

Your neighbour who you are receiving parcels for has told MH that you will do so, no doubt after a conversation with you about it. You should inform your neighbour that this is not the case and tell him/her to contact MH to cancel that instruction, which they will do. You should then have no further problem.

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
I don't know about the European referendum vote but I would love to see a vote on whether or not you should be allowed to shoot Parcelforce couriers (providing you manage to spot one)......I'm pretty certain how the vote would go but it would be nice for it to be official. Other couriers I have had no real problems with.

D.B.

Mar 6, 2016
PETERBOROUGH
I worked for Hermes for 17 years under it's various names. They have a history of couriers leaving parcels in odd places. It's only a rare handfull, most are very good. Hermes offer a few ways around the issue you can have your parcel delivered to a different address or your local parcel shop.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE