Carbon felt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
btw - how good are the insulating properties of this (decent I assume given it's original purpose). Would it be good as a heat mat for my wildstoves wood gas stove to stop the ground charring?

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I mucked up on the shipping, from 3 pieces onwards it's £2.60 postage not £1.10 as the parcel size jumps from a large letter to a small parcel.

Everyone who has already paid the lower rate for 3 pieces and over I will honor this as it was my mistake.

I have altered the shipping info to the new rates.

Steve

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
This morning when I was cutting the blanket up I had 2 pieces left over!!! Could not work it out until I checked the PM's and realized I had given midnitehound only 6 out of 8 pieces:D

Had me flumoxed for a while!!

Steve

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I mucked up on the shipping, from 3 pieces onwards it's £2.60 postage not £1.10 as the parcel size jumps from a large letter to a small parcel.

Everyone who has already paid the lower rate for 3 pieces and over I will honor this as it was my mistake.

I have altered the shipping info to the new rates.

Steve

It doesn't take a minute to ping you over another £1.50 extra for those that have paid for 3+ already, it costs what it costs, hopefully they will just do it.

Thanks for all the effort, I know what it is like. I may be interested in some more if you are going to run another with the 2nd piece you have ordered.

david1

Nomad
Mar 3, 2006
sussex
£9.94 yep Ive under payed will pay the extra in the morning from my other banking pc...Yes it costs what it cost. you put up the invoice so we could all see what you payed I would feel guilty of not paying my fair share.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
It doesn't take a minute to ping you over another £1.50 extra for those that have paid for 3+ already, it costs what it costs, hopefully they will just do it.

Thanks for all the effort, I know what it is like. I may be interested in some more if you are going to run another with the 2nd piece you have ordered.

You already paid the £2.60 which is enough MH, thanks.

I can post up to 1kg of goods for £2.60.

The problem was with the size of the parcel, weight was not important. 2 pieces will fit as a large letter and go through the 25mm slot but 3 has to go as a small parcel hence the jump from £1.10-£2.60

As I said don't worry as it's only a a few squid:)

Steve

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Extra £1.50 on the way ffrom me too.

It's called doing the right thing :)

Thanks again.

PS

If people didn't ask for 3 or 4 ft it in a continuous length,like I did,then it'd be cheaper sending them two packages.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Extra £1.50 on the way ffrom me too.

It's called doing the right thing :)

Thanks again.

PS

If people didn't ask for 3 or 4 ft it in a continuous length,like I did,then it'd be cheaper sending them two packages.

Strange how RM faffing with sizing as well as weight has 1. made it a pain in the posterial region to package things and 2. cheaper for us to sometimes send two parcels rather than one even though it means twice as much handling! When you ask for 5+ pieces it becomes cheaper as one package of course. I'll be moving across to post much more by ipost in the future as it can be significantly cheaper and you get £1 off for dropping it into a depot and there happens to be one at the top of my road.

Looks like Steve is getting a few more 'halves'! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Will look into i post, never heard of it before?

Your right, it would be cheaper to send 3 bits as a 1 and a 2!!

The other gripe I have with posting is that Paypal don't even let you choose 2nd class when you use their postal printing service!

Steve

Irene

Oct 5, 2008
Sussex East
If there is a bit left please could I put my name down for it? 1 or 2 sq ft and I'd be delighted. Please let me know what to do for payment etc. Many thanks

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Steve, you did the calculation for me on HWMBLT's four bits.....did you add in the new postal rate ? and if not, how much do I owe you ?

It's very decent of you going to all this bother, you shouldn't be out of pocket too.

atb,
Mary

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Dang.....don't know h ow I missed this.....neet mind.... Sure they will.be a flux o stroves on gio soonish lol.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE