Car Boot today

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
After reading loads of posts from people who have found bargins at car boot sales I went to one at Gisburn today

Got there early and came away with

Kent patern hatchet old and a bit rough but I am sure will clean up £2
Large felling axe ( head on upside down and wrong way round but sound £4
Brace and Bit plus full tool roll good mixed sized £6
Stainless steel hip flask £2

Oh and a nice cricket bat for my son £5

Almost bought a nice old Omega watch for £50 seller said it was Civil Service Indian Issue but was not sure so walked away

Off to my workshop now to sharpen, rehandle and generally play with my new toys

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I came away with a couple horn cups... the larger one is splt on the bottom but the smaller one is sound and will make a nice shot glass... both for the heady price of 10p :)

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Good work Steve! I love the boot sales round here, but took an punt today at the one in Melton Mowbray and drew a blank on the bargain front.

Glad to hear others had good luck today! :)

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
Good finds! I was being lazy this morning and wasn't up in time for a boot sale. Although a mate did drop round and give me a DPM NBC suit which he was going to car boot before hearing I wanted some DPM for badger watching :) not sure that counts though!

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
finished the rehandling of teh felling axe and reground and cleaned up the Kent axe

Good excuse to use my shave horse and use some knife skills etc just need a metal tab for the felling axe , anybody know where I can pick one of these up

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE