Canvas Supplier

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 26, 2014
London
Hi all,

I'm slowly getting into hand sewing leather and would like to gradually work towards making pouches, wallets and maybe eventually backpacks! Trouble is, being situated in London, finding good quality, heavy duty canvas is a difficult job.

To resort to vernacular, I'm essentially looking for canvas that I can wax (should the use require it), will wear well and is tough but pliable. Can anybody help with supplier info? If I'm being incredibly vague or need to clarify anything, please do say!

Thanks

Pete

Green Weasel

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2010
West Sussex
Artist's canvas comes in various weighs and can be had from any art supplier. Its good stuff-takes a dye and can be extra waterproofed if need be. My canoe is made of it .
New,off the roll, ex-military canvas as used for Land Rover tilts is also not hard to find. Otherwise try boat-yard or tent/tipi or even haberdashery suppliers. A google would probably reveal all.
Good luck.

Aug 26, 2014
London
Thanks for the help guys - will have a proper look at these later. From people's experience, what would you expect to pay for a metre length of off the roll 'military style' canvas? (Understand there'll be different thicknesses etc.)

At the moment, I don't really want to get too involved right away; dying canvas might be something I do further down the line!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE