Canvas for a bed roll

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Hello all :)

I fancy making a canvas bed roll haven't desided on the design yet so any good links would be handy ;)...

Anyhooo wheres the best place to get some canvas ???? any ideas

Cheers

Twodogs

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Hello all :)

I fancy making a canvas bed roll haven't desided on the design yet so any good links would be handy ;)...

Anyhooo wheres the best place to get some canvas ???? any ideas

Cheers

Twodogs

Upholstery suppliers usually have heavy canvas. Profabrics.co.uk has as well.

grouse

Mar 6, 2011
derbyshire
Looking at making a ground sheet for laying on whilst shooting. Anyone know how waterproof the canvas in the links above is?

On the website it says waterproof, but will it stand laying on in wet ground?

Thanks...

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
The damp will eventually come through, particularly where you rest your elbows, knees etc. The canvas is waterproof in as much as the fibres get wet and swell causing the weave to close up and keep the rain out, which it does very well, but if you touch it it will feel damp and may start to leak. Waxing it will waterproof it.

Last edited:

Kevdog

Oct 3, 2011
Scotish borders
I would go with a Poly cotten as it is more water resistant.Somthing like the Regentex brand is fairly good .If there is stitching involved,some threads work better than others as it will swell and close the needle holes.[h=2][/h]e

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I'd forget about polycotton, too, for a groundsheet. A good reinforced pvc tarp fabric would be ideal IMHO. Something off this page, perhaps. I've dealt with this co. before and they're very helpful.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE