Canvas Canoe Pack 'kit'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slamdunk

Nomad
Sep 21, 2006
Sussex
I'm just not going to get round to making anything with this so thought it might be an opportunity for someone else to have a go.....

All that you'll need to make your own canvas canoe pack!

Please note that I will cut all of the straps from 3.5 - 4mm veg tanned leather - really good quality, thick stuff!

Included are:

1 piece of 15oz canvas in dark brown (85" x 37")
Copper saddlers rivets, no 6 and 10
Leather straps x3 for the flap closure and x 2 for shoulder straps
Leather for all strap attachment points and reinforcing the shoulder strap attachments
Solid brass full roller buckles x 7 (3 flap closure, 2 shoulder straps and 2 compression straps)
Dark brown oil dye
Mink oil paste (will decant a suitable amount - not the full tub in the pic!) for treating/softening the leather
Sewing machine needles (heavy gauge, universal)
Leather sewing needles
Linen thread for stitching leather
Upholstery thread for the sewing machine
Brass 'D' rings (to add to the side seams if wished....)

Photo doesn't show the straps cut - will use a proper strap cutter so they're nice and professional looking - this represents the 'kit'.

Any questions, please ask!

IMGP2409.jpg

All this lot for £39 delivered to you. Paypal, cheque or bank transfer all ok.

Please post in thread and pm.

Cheers

Duncs

slamdunk

Nomad
Sep 21, 2006
Sussex
The idea of the kit is to make up a Pack like a traditional Duluth pack but the style is entirely up to you. The 'kit' contains the parts you'd need to make a pack but it's what I bought to make my own up - I've just never had the time to do it so don't have a pic of a finished one. Try Googling 'Duluth no 3 pack' and you'll get some pics of what I had in mind....

http://www.tamarackgroup.co.uk/acatalog/7409.jpg

There's also threads on here where folks have made other styles of pack (http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51921&page=2).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE