Canoe plans

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
Roving Rich said:
........I was wondering if any of you had any experience of building them, know of anywhere that can supply plans or any advice on designs, and tips generally...
Cheers
Rich :cool:
I've got this one and rebuild it several times every year :eek:):
ngwavumariver2.jpg
kurs1.jpg

I'ts the takedown Ally 16,5' DR modell. A brilliant canoe that will take more rough use than any aluminium canoe that I have seen and paddled to this date. It is a bit slower to paddle than a more rigid canoe, but I'd say its the best expedition canoe made to date. For more info look here : www.bergans.no - click on the English version and then choose Ally Canoes.
The best thing is that when taken apart it will fit in a large packsack with carrying strops that you can transport everywhere - on your back, in the trunk of a car, on the train, bus or airplane. Weight is about 20 kg. I have had it with me on the plane to Africa to paddle a couple of rivers there. I still dream about paddling the full length of my dream river, the Zambezi !

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Wow They're cool :super:
So you could fly or drive to anywhere, portage to a river and off you go - Fantastic. Nice one Tvividr.
Er just one thing - how much ?

cheers Rich

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
ally16-5.bmp

Roving Rich said:
Wow They're cool :super:
So you could fly or drive to anywhere, portage to a river and off you go...
Yep it's very cool, and it only takes about 30 min to put it all together (make that one hour the first few times). Take the bus to somewhere upriver and paddle back home, or take the plane to distant places and paddle the Amazon, the Kavango, Limpopo or the Zambezi :eek:):

Roving Rich said:
Er just one thing - how much ? cheers Rich
I was one lucky guy !! I was going to canoe a river in Africa back in 97, and asked them for sponsor monies :shock: . I didn't get any monies, but instead they gave me the canoe, repair kits, splash covers etc (in return for piccies from the semi expedition) :biggthump .
I just did a search for shops that have the Ally in stock here in Norway. It retails for Norwegian kroner 11.990,- that's 983,- £ according to www.xe.com

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE