Can anyone tell me what sort of deer this is?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I don't know to be honest. It's not my photo (sorry, I'm not a great photographer) I suspect you're right about the color coming from elsewhere though. Here's another photo I lifted off hte internet showing how the steaks should look while raw, but after they've been beaten (you'll know they're ready to flour and fry when they look like this)

IMG_3880.jpg

This works for tougher cuts of beef steak and bison too (it's actually a southern US adaptation of German schnitzel)

Geoff Dann

Native
Sep 15, 2010
Sussex
www.geoffdann.co.uk
Bless her. She really did think she might have a sleeping playmate there.

She treats everything that moves as a potential playmate, including my 18 month old nephew and next door's kitten (both of whom like her), and an extremely aggressive staffordshire bull terrier that tried to bite her leg off, leading to a £700 vet bill. Hasn't dampened her spirit though, as you can see.

Enjoy your venison, buy a bottle of Madeira for a sauce reduction.

I might just do that. :)

Jun 10, 2014
United Kingdom
Nice , thanks for the info.
Good find indeed!

(Note to self: research ways to tenderise meat , other than hanging)

One way I use for older / tougher hares is to let it sit in a large bucket of salt water brine for 24 hrs. It not only tenderises but also acts as a natural disenfectant and preservative.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
One way I use for older / tougher hares is to let it sit in a large bucket of salt water brine for 24 hrs. It not only tenderises but also acts as a natural disenfectant and preservative.

Thanks for that tip bud!
Interesting...
Water/salt ratio (roughly) ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE