Day Out Can anyone say mid life crisis?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
So far this year i've taken up surfing, kayak surfing and SUP :D Hey it has to be better than getting a hairstyle from my youth and the sports car or motorbike I had a poster of when I was 13, anyone who knows me knows i've long enjoyed the paddle (oooerrrr misses) and any craft that needs one for propulsion but this year i've taken that to the next level and if i spend much longer in the sea i'll grow flippers, anyway enough blubber :)

During all these mid life crisis antics i'm shooting a lot of video, some makes it into stuff to share but most is just for keepsake memory, this video is for sharing.

Escape the Urban - A mid life crisis kayak surfing movie i guess, 2 brothers in their 40's on 2 sit on top kayaks with 3 cameras getting boshed about in 4-6 ft waves all day at Tynemouth Long Sands beach in the North Sea 5 days ago

Reactions: bopdude

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Thanks everyone, it was a lot of fun in the making and i am really enjoying watching the video myself, my apologies for the slow reply as I went straight back to editing to finish up a video i shot on first surfing lesson, just finished uploading it there :)

Midlife crisis? Which one? 1st, 2nd or third? ;);)

I'd say for me this is my third one :D at least, first was aged 27 :) this is the first one involving constructive life changes though

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
have you seen the guy that paddles around the Med with his dog

I haven't seen the guy with the dog, I like dogs but way too much responsibility and forced life changes to compensate having one in your life for me, then when this whole pick up it's crap in a little baggy movement thing came along that completely blew the deal :) when i was a kid we had a puppy and for the first month you put up with having to handle and clean it's crap up until you house trained it so it would do it outside, now i gotta pick that up too? Mans best friend needs to bring more to this deal than eating half my food budget and always being happy to see me, even if i have only been out the room for 30 seconds if i am picking up his or her crap twice a day :D

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Must get myself an inflatable SUP one of these days.

I discovered them on here through yourself and bushcraftgirl

Thanks mate, i love those inflatables, still got my two and i'm amazed at the life they have lived, for the price i never expected them to last 6 months never mind more than 6 years

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE