Campsite recommendations, Anglsea maybe, young child friendly, near the beach,

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi All,

Last minute week booked for an escape in the tent with the fam. Looking for the above, nice site with a good park for the boy to run around like a nutter, within walk of a nice beach. No big parties of teens getting smashed ala shell island and keeping u up all night. Oh how i miss those days :)

Maybe even an elecy hook up for those rainy nights.

Will be in our Belltent so the amenities are not the be and end all but want to keep the much better half happy too.

Happy to travel a little further but driving for work and a four year old limits patience.

Thanks in advance.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
How about Rhosneiger? I haven't stayed at any of the camp sites but I work a few miles up the road. It's a nice village pretty much on the beach and has a few shops (to keep SWMBO happy:eek:) .Newburgh forest is not far for walks etc also.

There's also a couple of nice restaurants nearby like the White Eagle.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Thanks for the input folks.

Will research em all. Nantcol is a favorite of ours but all booked up unfortunately.

Keep them coming. Some of the above sound promising but they dont have much info about their sites,

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Well this search has been an eye opener...

Just tried two sites which were OK initially until i mentioned a wood burning stove!!!!! I went to great lengths to explain it was a bell-tent and the stove had a flu and we also had a moxy alarm JUST in-case. I was told twice how irresponsible i was to have a fire inside of a tent. No amount of explanation would shift their opinion.

Apparently in over 31 years of owning a campsite the lady had never seen a tent with a purpose built stove inside.

The search continues.

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Apparently in over 31 years of owning a campsite the lady had never seen a tent with a purpose built stove inside.

That's because she was too busy reading the meters on the electric hook-ups (which your irresponsible camper-killer didn't require).

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
We were after hook up! :)
Never tried elecy on a camp site before and don't even have the proper leed yet lol.

Just phoned another two and almost had the phone put down on me when I mentioned a stove, it's bonkers!

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Just been rydwyn on west coast of Anglesey last weekend for three days
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=7741
Was a small we'll run campsite. Everything you described in your opening post.small well mowed field.running water.cant camp within 6 m off another tent.clean toilets.actual stones throw from a sandy beach..5 pound per adult per night.its an absolute cracker mate honest.oh and I had the wood burner going in my bell tent both bights n they were fine about it.you can't actually book over the phone so I emailed them and they just told me too turn up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE