Camping food, fuel or something more?

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
When out and about I always considered food as energy. Rightly or wrongly when walking miles across ploughed fields hare coursing (not as bad as the press make out) or kayaking on the river for the day I would simply take a bottle of lucozade and a mars bar. When we stated camping it was the same, now we are turning the meal time as a main feature of the camping (with a few good drinks!!!) and plan for a good meal........ am I just getting old or do you guys make the most of mealtimes.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Is it the coming back with stuff (hares,bunnies) to cook, that makes the meal really good?

I think as you get older your body stops forgiving you for eating properly, or drinking to much. What I want to know if fresh wild mushrooms are so poor nutritionally how come I can get stuffed on them. I can't eat more than twelve ceps in one sitting, or more than 2lb of grifolas.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Life's too short for bad food.

Smoker.jpg

The new food smoker in action.....

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
That smoker did the rabbit lovely:approve: . Did you pick the warm, (did that morning) one or does the smoker make them softer because my stew seem to have the rigor born bunnies in.

Well bad chefs always blame their ingredants and thats my excuse. :D

The furs are coming up OK for a first attempt.

Shame you can't get cauldrons in lite backpack versions. You know folds up and weighs 250gm.

MMMM good food:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE