camp food

hanzo

Nomad
Feb 12, 2006
Hawaii
hanzosoutdoors.blogspot.com
Our camping meals included a "hobo" dinner made with hamburger and vegetables, seasoned with adobo seasoning and ketchup. This concoction was placed in two layers of tin foil with a wet paper towel between the two tin foil layers. This was folded over once and the edges folded shut to make a tight seal.

The packet was then placed on the hot coals from our camp fire and left there for about 10-15 minutes. Then they were turned and got another 10 minutes or so and removed. It was delicious and the kids really enjoyed putting there own together.

Then we had s'mores and a birthday bannock for the birthday girl in our group complete with candles and a rendition of "Happy Birthday to You" from the kids.

hanzo

Nomad
Feb 12, 2006
Hawaii
You asked for it BOD...

The making of the hobo dinners. The kids participated and had a great time.

Hoomaluhia06200744.jpg

The hobo's cooking on a bed of coals.

Hoomaluhia06200737.jpg

It was yummy!

Hoomaluhia06200727.jpg

The group.

Hoomaluhia06200799.jpg

Dessert...

S'mores

Hoomaluhia06200719.jpg

Chocolate chip and blueberry bannock

Hoomaluhia062007105.jpg

hanzo

Nomad
Feb 12, 2006
Hawaii
Thanks Hanzo,

My kids like looking at pictures of other kids doing stuff.

Hobo meals seem like something they can do with their friends.

I appreciate it too as I then can say that I am not the only parent who does this sort of thing :)

Turn about is fair play. I really enjoy your posts and pictures too!

Funny that the moms are getting more and more into the bushcrafty stuff. One of the moms just emailed me saying she wants to cook chili next time. And do it over the fire. When I told her I could rig up something to hold her pot over the fire, she got so excited! I guess her husband owes me one. ;)

He is getting into it too. He showed me the knot I taught him previously to let me know he was paying attention. Yeah, the dads are having a great time camping too. And the moms are sooo into it now. This is our sixth or seventh camping trip together now and none of them ever did before, nor did they think they would like it. And of course, the kids just love it. Before we finished our trip, the moms already planned the next one and called ahead to arrange for our permits.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE