Camouflage Clothing and ex-Military gear - for or against?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

garethw

Settler
I've never been a camo fan, have the odd real tree T shirt... but I actually really like the new MTP Multicam... Got an issue Goretex jacket and Windproof and must say they look fine...
Over here in France MTP is not army issue so won't get mistaken for a renegade....

cheers
Gareth

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I've just realised, having thought I had no items of military clothing that I do :eek:

In fact I have half a dozen :(

Am I a Walt?

394041007_tp.jpg

Only if the socks are all you are wearing.....Red Hot Chilli Peppers style lol :)

Jul 5, 2014
Derbyshire :-D
The only money I get is from pocket money or birthdays, so I look for stuff that's cheap but hard wearing and tough, and in earth tones. So usually I end up with surplus. That said, I like the look of DPM and am a cadet, so I guess I wear a fair bit of camo. It does annoy me when people seem to mistake me for some kind of teenage soldier though, but I probably should see it coming.

Last edited:

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
I only use it if I am going on a camping weekend, and even then, it tends to be used as sleepwear if I am roughing it (so to speak). I never wear it out and about for day usage. If I am sleeping next to a campfire, without a tarp or ground sheet, then ex military stuff tends to be the best thing to wear for bed as it is reasonably windproof, and with a proper coating of wax treatment, it is waterproof as well. Does the job nicely.

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Hi. I have always used military gear packs, belts, field gear and webbing. As for wearing it, I have never had any problems with comments etc. Even if I did I don't care so tuff to them!
Wear and use what works for you and don't worry what others think. End of!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE