Camelbak help needed.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nalsheen

Forager
Apr 17, 2010
North West England
I've bought a surplus camelbak thermobak and am now trying to take it apart to give it a really good clean.
The problem Im having is that I can't work out how one end of the tube unclips from the main bladder.

10692269155_e5dae53d2e.jpg

The "button" on the connector seems to be slightly different from all the images I can find online. Does anyone know how I get this off?

Thanks,
N

Pterodaktyl

Jun 17, 2013
Devon
Looks like they've changed the connector at some point - mine just has a single button on one side. I'm guessing you squeeze the two grey bits together and then pull the connector off. If it's anything like the older style you need to squeeze the grey bits well in and pull quite hard, especially if the tube hasn't been off the bladder for a while.

Nalsheen

Forager
Apr 17, 2010
North West England
It seems like the two grey bits are just a bar or something. When I push one of them in the other goes out.
I've just used the back of a butter knife to slide into the gap and force the connector off. Works well :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE