But I wouldnt do that...

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Trip to a select beach last night, one out of my way.

I like this one as theres lots of sea glass...odd isnt it, how rubbish can be valuable? Sea glass unless you know where to look is hens teeth these days. Its the in thing in jewelry making.

This lot is for a friend; but Im tempted to collect some for me; fill an old bottle with it?

This beach has lots of old waste from the harbour and so the glass can be greeny or bluey instead of white (not to mention varied browns and greens.)

But some is still sharp and I leave it to rub down a bit more.

The people I meet always have dogs, and I tell them if I had a dog I would never bring it here...too risky as the place is covered in glass.

Ho Hum.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
North coast or south? My Mrs would be keen to find out as she's always scanning beaches for her silver jewellery business! Thanks in advance 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I thought about this myself yesterday. Barbara and I went to the south end of the county for a crawfish festival and a little time on the beach. I noticed several people at the festival with their dogs. Yeah, it's nice that they're being allowed to more public venues where thy were once banned, but you have to ask how good is it for the dogs? I mean, it was mostly a hot pavement with little shade and limited water for the dogs. Also crowds and noise (a Louisiana band)

I could only think how glad I was my own dogs were safe at home and unstressed.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, because Dogs automaticaly love human activities....Round here its all `Dog friendly Cornwall` (As no one would visit this dump if they couldnt bring their mutts...)Flushing beach, (opposite Falmouth) but Im told Polpean, near St Austel is good too. I suspect anywhere near an old harbour...

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
I like this one as theres lots of sea glass...odd isnt it, how rubbish can be valuable? Sea glass unless you know where to look is hens teeth these days. Its the in thing in jewelry making.

You would love our beach our hens must have teeth like sharks, it's a gold mine with sea glass being common as on our beach, along with ceramic sea tiles & tones of other junk.
When I was a kid I remember playing on it "back in the day it was a beautiful sandy beach" & the promenade was more like Blackpool pier, then the council started dumping rubble and such like in the name of "stopping erosion" & let the fore shore fall into rack & ruin .... now a days tractors continuously lifting moving/relocating stones are also a common site on our beach all summer long.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE