Busse SAR 4 LE

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PeterHW

Forager
Dec 31, 2005
U.K.
P1000706.jpg

This knife has a 4.75 inch blade which is fully convexed from the factory and comes with a top quality kydex sheath by Mashed Cat with a variable hard belt loop accessory and a fire steel loop which takes the standard BCB sized fire steel. The belt loop will take belts up to the British Army PLCE webbing belt size so would take most rucksack hip belts as well. For those wanting to carry the knife on the padded part of a hip belt such as on a Berghaus Roc type Bergan I can add a Tek Lock device which enables the sheath to be added and removed without needed to slide the knife along the belt so will fit onto stitched hip pad type rucksack fittings.

This knife was designed around input from US Search & Rescue Teams which would be the equivalent of our Mountain Rescue Teams to be a useful wilderness knife. The blade length makes the knife very useful for all manner of bushcraft tasks and game/food preperation and/or carcass/gralloch work for those who also do deerstalking. The spine is rounded which assists in batoning wood and has gimping/file work thumb grip notches which help when either using a fire steel or doing a gralloch with sterile latex gloves. The design of the full handle enables a strong rearward grip for chopping and held this way the knife has some serious chopping power for such a useful small blade...it feels like a 7 inch camp knife when used like this. As a one knife do-it-all design it works very well.

The limited edition number is #91 and was bought in this configuration so that the knife had a satin finish for food prep and to pass HSE requirements for deer larder use ( many Busse knives are painted in cammo finishes to avoid glare for military applications ). The edge is razor sharp and is easily kept that way stropping the blade after a days use on a leather paddle with green chrome compound. The steel is Infi which is hardened to Rc 58-59 and whilst I don't believe in saying Infi has "magical toughness etc" it is an excellent "user" steel. Blade thickness is .2180 inches and the knife has a lifetime guarantee on the knife and not just to the first buyer...in fact the knife has the best warranty in the industry...no quibbles over abuse or anything...it gets replaced. The knife is in excellent condition and has only seen the "lightest" of use...it is for sale not because I don't like the knife...these were released at the start without anyone knowing if others were going to be done...later they did a Special Edition series...and one of which suited my needs better as it had a none glare finish. These are definately one of the best "all round users" design wise that I have come across.

The knife is for sale at £290 including postage/insurance by Registered mail. Add £7.00 for the Tek Lock if you want this ). My old firesteel is not included but these are easy to find from BCB. Cheques in the post and shipping upon clearance are preferred...will do paypal if you cover the charges...usually these are around 3%. This is well under my cost ( £378.86 to get it into the country ).....so it is nicely priced to sell. First "I will take it" here gets the knife...if you can post here and send me an e-mail to peterphws@aol.com that would help.

Here are some more pic's of the knife and the uses ( just tried it on food prep ) I have done.

P1000699.jpg

P1000697.jpg

P1000704.jpg

P1000694.jpg

PeterHW

Forager
Dec 31, 2005
U.K.
Please note that I am advertising this knife on other sites....the first to buy it will therefore need to be determined at my discretion...

PeterHW

Forager
Dec 31, 2005
U.K.
Hi

Out of interest what was the other site you advertised on as I am looking for a new blade for bushcraft. Thanks.

I was going to cut and paste this and put it on a dutch web site....they have a specific International Forum which is in English...the site is http://www.messenforum.nl/ but Alfanjui sent me an e-mail as soon as it went up. I have sold to Alfanjui before from the Busse Exchange on Bladeforums and gave him a private e-mail first.

I will send you a private e-mail as to what I can offer to you if I can. If not I will post some of them on here.

Thanks for the enquiry:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE