bushy with brass

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
Hi lads nice to be back again. its a couple off months since i posted any knifes so i thought id post some threads of my two latest knifes any comments or criticism would be very appreciated. this knife wasn't meant to look like the one in pictures the first design i did had more brass two different types of wood incorporated into the handle.i spent 3 weeks and numerous attempts to glue it all together Evan made a spacial jig to clamp it all together but the dam epoxy kept letting me down :bluThinki every time i tride to sand it down on electric sanding disc the brass got to hot it just broke the epoxy glue down then all my work fell to pieces. perhaps another time what a knife it would have been thou.the brass bolster on this knife is part of the origernal attempt so i made the best of a bad job still its a good looking knife even the brass bolster on this had its problems when sanding it into shape because one element is harder than the other the wood tends to sand back quicker the the brass.the high grind is hand filed and hand finished on 4mm carbon steel truly hand made cant remember what the wood was it is exotic wood i should be able to find out of my supplier:dunno: the wood has been polished with professional wood polish still needs a bit more thou the marks on the brass bolster is my greasy fingers I've included a picture of another knife i did just to give you an idea of what i was trying to achieve with this knife but with curved brass inserts thanks for looking chaps
stanley
Me076-1.jpg

Me075-1.jpg

Me072.jpg

Me077.jpg

Me098.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE