bushcrafter seat

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i was asked by one of our fantastic members who is from the states, to make him one my bush crafters seats.
love to make these, if any one wants one just let me no.
he wanted me to age and antique this, he wanted me to put a thistle on this as he has one on his sheath, so we bounced some ideas between each other, and i made my interpretation of the thistle.
hope you like it.
this was all hand carved tooled, and hand sewn by the best thread money can by, by awl and thread.
all you have to do is find 3 sticks lash them together, and hay presto you have a seat, its also a great kneel mate, and sit matt, when not in use, as a chair will fit nicely in the back of your pack.

IMG_4752 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4754 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4759 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4757 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
thanks for looking.
take care.
lee.

Last edited:

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Looks great! Could I be cheeky and ask the dimensions? Would like to make one for myself.

Thanks

Mike,
mike if you are making it for your self, you would be better to make the seat to fit you mate, whats the most comfy bud, if that makes sense.

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
sorry slip of the tongue here. I was referring to the quality of the work. being very british in the making. like good all craftsmanship of leather Briefcase as from Dunhill. only made in the Uk. and not referring to the design of this specific flower the Thistle. ?; as most would associated with Scotland. Silly me.
cheers the interceptor boy.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Thanks for our kind words guys.
thanks.
thanks dred. Its not a master peice mate, I just try me best to get things as good as I can, I don't always get things right bud, but I keep trying until it is, unless I am 100% happy that I would pay for it, it doesn't leave the shop, as I no a lot of people don't have loads of money, so what money they do pay, I like to no, that they get the best for there money, the mrs goes mad sometimes, Lee, why have just binned that, sweetheart the stitching was out, or I'm just not happy, and ill start again, your mad, he will never notice, I notice, that's the thing, he or she might not, but I no, it's not right, and for that reason alone, I just can't send it out, as I have bought so much tat over the years, and there is nothing worse, than you paying your hard earned cash, and that wave of disappointment comes over you, when you get it, and its not right.
have always lived by the, if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing right.
Thanks again guys for your comments they mean the world to me.
take care.
lee.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
So how long do you estimate that would take to dry from wet forming to shape? I'm guessing about 4 hours too long. Just the thought of sitting on a wet leather chair for that long gives me the cold shivers!

Very nice work as always Lee. It feels a bit like a let down saying "As always" but I've not seen anything come out of your workshop yet that's not been superb. I often wonder what is stashed under your bench considered as mistakes, probably still far better than anything I can do whatever it is.

Well done! It's really nice.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
So how long do you estimate that would take to dry from wet forming to shape? I'm guessing about 4 hours too long. Just the thought of sitting on a wet leather chair for that long gives me the cold shivers!

Very nice work as always Lee. It feels a bit like a let down saying "As always" but I've not seen anything come out of your workshop yet that's not been superb. I often wonder what is stashed under your bench considered as mistakes, probably still far better than anything I can do whatever it is.

Well done! It's really nice.
You have a great mind mate, never thought about forming it to the shape of a bum lol, could make a last for that mate, out of wood, as for it drying its amazing what a hair dryer speeds up mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE