Bushcraft / outdoor shops in Cologne?

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Hi,

I'm out to Cologne every few weeks and I was wondering if anyone knew any good bushcrafty/outdoors shops in the town?

I'm only there for the day so I don't have the time to travel out of the town.

Cheers,

Joe

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Nice city Cologne. Lovely pubs. Very good example of what urban planning can achieve.
There is more or less a doughnut of forest around the city centre. You can take a short tram ride from the city centre and get yourself lost in the forest.

I checked out a German outdoors forum for you:http://forum.outdoorseiten.net

A similar question was asked:
http://forum.outdoorseiten.net/viewtopic.php?t=10780&highlight=k%F6ln+laden

The main recommendations of the answers were:
Unterwegs Köln
Hohenstaufenring 61
50674 Köln

Tel: 02 21/201 90 72

Gibt auch noch Hei-Ha-Sport auf der Breitestraße, Nähe Appellhofplatz. I

Blackfoot seems to be HIGHLY recommended but is a wee bit outside the city centre.

Globtrotter were due to open in March in Köln
(Richmodstr. 10) auf 7000 qm

Globetrotter seems to be an outdoors superstore
they have a website:
http://www.globetrotter.de

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Dude, :You_Rock_

Cologne is nice... MASSIVE cathederal, friendly people and tiny little beers :D

I'm out there a fair bit and it's nice... I've just changed my travel times to Sunday -> Monday night so I can have a little shop. I'm such a gear addict!

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Squidders: let me know what you think of the Globetrotter store if you get to visit.
They are opening in Cologne on saturday so they might have some special offers.

I hope to go to Frankfurt soon and I'll try to visit their ship there.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
No worries... I'll let you know... It's about 5 minutes from the office there so I'm going to pop in during a lunchtime and have a good look around.

I'm leaving some empty space in my bag when I go out too :lmao:

I'm an addict!!!!!!!!!

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Ok, I spent a little more in the shop than I intended... At least I managed to come away not buying a canoe though!

Anyway - The shop is BIG! It's over 4 large floors with goodies on each of them... There's a lot of wasted space because of the massive atrium area in the middle of the store, this does highlight the water area though... where you can test canoes out (it's big enough for a little paddle around). There are a few tents erected and LOADS of clothes. They also have a good selection of GB axes and some nice knives (also some complete tat knives).

I spent about 1.5 hours in there and had a good look around - The staff are brilliant, seriously nice and very helpful.

basically, if you're in the area, it's well worth going to. I'm back every once in a while so i'm going to spend a few more bob in there ;)

Cheers,

Joe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE