bushcraft mag

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I believe there are 3 bushcraft titles that all came out roughly the same time. I can't recall which one came out "first".

Mind you, would you count the old S.W.&.T. as a semi-bushcraft mag? ;)

JohnC said:
I believe there are 3 bushcraft titles that all came out roughly the same time. I can't recall which one came out "first".

Mind you, would you count the old S.W.&.T. as a semi-bushcraft mag? ;)

I used to get S.W.&.T. magazine years ago - I've look in the larger new agents for it and it would appear to be no longer published. Used to be a good read. I wonder when it publication stopped?

There is also another "first" bushcraft magazine that is produced in the village I live in: -

"The Bushcraft Magazine is the first UK magazine to deal with bushcraft as a subject in its own right. Covering a wide range of bushcraft topics from Arrow to Yarrow, it is printed quarterly." Website here

Phil.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I got the current issue of it and found it a decent read.. I subscribe to this forums mag as well. The two are different enough IMO to say there is room enough for both. I hope they all continue :)

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I don't think it really matters who is 'First'. What matters is 'are they any good'? Perhaps someone should do a sort of 'Which' guide to Bushcraft Mags and report back. Any takers? :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Somebody did a while back, can't remember who though. I'm not sure if it contained all of the mags currently available, but there were quite a few. It may have been updated aswell :confused:

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
fred gordon said:
I don't think it really matters who is 'First'. What matters is 'are they any good'? Perhaps someone should do a sort of 'Which' guide to Bushcraft Mags and report back. Any takers? :)

Agreed, timing doesn't matter. I could do it, if someone wants to give me the recent issues... :naughty:

Bhold

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2005
Lancaster
Aragorn said:
found this mag claiming it's the first uk bushcraft mag, don't think it's off this site, so are they telling porky's ;)

http://www.springfields.co.uk/produ...l_session_id=7608f4a0250f0f4fecdb8dc25cba46a3

Ha! I was taking a look at the website, and they have a sort of slideshow with different pages of the magazine. I am there! I am the guy on the third page(?) from the beggining, wearing a blue pullover with stripes on the arms, and holding a bunch of straw on fire. It is from the friction fire lighting course with Dave Watson.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE