BUSHCRAFT - Is it contagious????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
K

karen

Has anyone else noticed that anyone that comes in contact with the other half catches the bug. I found that all my friends seem to have succumbed to the bushcraft bug after 15mins of speaking to my other half. Anyone else found this???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Karen
[/b]

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Definately contagious.

Jules, My other half already has a Lapp Puuko and likes the look of Hennessey Hammocks. She often finds containers n stuff and asks if stoves etc can be made out of em :-D

jakunen

Native
Hmm, so all I have to do is find a woman, and then I can indoctrinate her...and I get a partner into the same things as me!
Koowel!!!
Would I look out of place at the night club in hiking boots and combat gear with a bergen on me back and a bushcraft hat? :pack:

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
jakunen said:
Hmm, so all I have to do is find a woman, and then I can indoctrinate her...and I get a partner into the same things as me!
Koowel!!!
Would I look out of place at the night club in hiking boots and combat gear with a bergen on me back and a bushcraft hat? :pack:
It's more like choose the right habitat for the species you want to catch... nightclubs for clubbers, libraries for bookworms and in the outdoors for bushcrafters. Of course, they're a rarer and more exotic species than you'd find in the nightclub... so you have to be patient. :wink:

(Although having said that Adi007 first asked me out in a car park after he saw all the camping kit in the back of my car... :wink: )

Happy Hunting!! :-D

jakunen

Native
Kath said:
jakunen said:
Koowel!!!
It's more like choose the right habitat for the species you want to catch... nightclubs for clubbers, libraries for bookworms and in the outdoors for bushcrafters. Of course, they're a rarer and more exotic species than you'd find in the nightclub... so you have to be patient. :wink:

(Although having said that Adi007 first asked me out in a car park after he saw all the camping kit in the back of my car... :wink:)

Happy Hunting!! :-D

Ah, I see. Hunting eh? Me crossbow should be arriving soon. What head do you use for women? Broad head? Fan? Retracting scalpel? or Fowl blunt (after all, I'm after a bird) : -l) :lol:

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
jakunen said:
Ah, I see. Hunting eh? Me crossbow should be arriving soon. What head do you use for women? Broad head? Fan? Retracting scalpel? or Fowl blunt (after all, I'm after a bird) : -l) :lol:
Dunno ... I've only ever used arrows with suction cups on the end! :lol:

K

karen

Well, I thought that snares and chocolate lures were more the sort of thing you may want to be trying :lol: I find that for the female variety of wildlife, this can be done in various places, including clubs. Always find out if she likes camping, if not coz she thinks you need a duvet or she doesn't like being dirty then she's not going to be a likely candidate.

Cheers

karen
:lol:

K

karen

They stop being 'dirty' when you marry them.

Does that rule still count if you've only been living with em??? I hadn't heard of that one before!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

karen

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Its hearsay from the middle aged men I know :wink: :wink: I haven't married my other half but we have lived together for 22 years! I'll give her another 20 and pop the question. She's a lucky lucky girl :lol: :lol:

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
I find a gin baited with olives and a splash of vermouth a very effective method of capture, failing that if you can hold the attention of the juveniles, the female will usualy follow. Just remember once you've touched her, her parents won't take her back.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
If it is contagious there must be people who are naturally immune as my wife has never caught it and she has been exposed to it for the last 16 years!

K

karen

Andy said:
I thought that was the kama sutra.

Found a girl that introduced herself as the outdoors type. Lost touch when I came to uni though.

Well, you seem to be on the right track ;-)
Next time a girl introduces herself as the outdoors type, maybe you should try saying 'basher' or 'tent'. :)

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
karen said:
Well, you seem to be on the right track ;-)
Next time a girl introduces herself as the outdoors type, maybe you should try saying 'basher' or 'tent'. :)
It may be prudent NOT to mention 'bushcraft' on a 1st date :wink:
(moderator!!!)

L

Little Mole

I found the opposite to be true. It took me years to find Pebble. I found that most men are all talk and no action. We went camping on our first date. :eek:):

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Little Mole, camping on a first date....perfection!

And re quote above from Andy, yeah sorry about that, got a bit muddled up. Nothing unusual there then! Sorry!

:wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE