Bushcraft from denim?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
Hey peoples.

Having just ripped my favourite jeans, I was wondering if there is anything bushcrafty I can make from the denim?

Any ideas of things that cvan be made or anything useful I can use the denim for?

Cheers,

Dan

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`ve read somewhere about somebody making charcloth with denim - I think it may have been Mr Kochanski infact.

Perhaps somebody could supply a link to this ??

Good luck

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
How about some simple draw sting bags to keep those odds and ends in...... you can always make your own sewing needle first if you want to practice those bushcrafty skills ;)

:D
Ed

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
cheers for the ideas guys. i'll definately try out the char cloth! have wanted to try that for a while anyway so not sure why I didn't think about myself....

not too sure about the shorts though...... :)

D

DOC-CANADA

Unravel the material, use the fibres to make a bowstring for bow drill fire set.

It will help remind you of the possibilities.

DOC-CANADA

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Awhile back, maybe a year or so, someone posted a how to on another site on making a small rucksack from a pair of denims. If I am remembering correctly, the legs were used as the shoulder straps and were sewn into the waste of the jeans and a rope, twine or other cordage run through the belt loops and pulled tight to close the opening. It wouldn't hold much, but it would work in a pinch.

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
Sounds like an idea, but the only thing is both knees have massive holes in them, so the pack may just rip right off my back.....

Though I like the sound of it so I may pop to a charity shop and get a cheap pair of jeans to try it out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE