Bushcraft Demo for Homeschool Group - Ideas Sought

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
I like the idea of asking the kids what they want to learn - in my experience home schooled kids are highly motivated and keen.

Regarding the question of £20 per head, whether or not the price is too high, I know a lot of home educating families where there is only one parent earning as the other is at home teaching. I know we couldn't afford much when we were doing it - it's a big commitment.

Lastly, hats off to you Wook - it's a lot of fun isn't it!

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
How about making contact with the local Scout group, I am sure that one of their Leaders, or even some of the older Venture Scouts would be prepared to come along and discus things and even lend a hand for the kudos or even a donation to their Troop and need not be anything like as much as you are looking at at the moment, There may be a (retired Leader)who is not committed to the Scouts at present, but still has the knowledge. I know that many of the Scouters in my area would be happy to do something of this nature for nothing. Being a (retired ) Scouter myself I would have done this, to contribute to my local community. Even a chat with someone like this , near at hand would I am sure be of benefit, and since much of Bushcraft is just Big Boys, reliving their Scouting days, with the benefit of more experience and further knowledge. Breaking the boys into groups of four or five, and moving them round several skills stations would be one
way of working, Say shelter building, camp fires, knotting skills, tarp erecting, or Tent pitching. If you feel that this is not Bushie enough you could have a follow up, later on, with knife safety, carving skills and care of equipment and the countryside, You could also ask a local angler to give them a short input on fishing, and show them tackle.
Just one or two thoughts ! Hope that my comments about Big Boys dos not offend any of our sensitive members.
Cheers Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE