Bushcraft Crimbo cake

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mat

Forager
Nov 20, 2003
Hampshire
I've been invited to a Christmas 'bake-off' party where all the guests have to bake a crimbo cake which will be tasted by all the other guests and given a mark out of 10. The person who bakes the winning cake will receive a mystery prize!

I'm thinking about trying a bushcraft-themed cake - has anyone got any recipes\ideas?!

I'm half tempted to ice a bannock and add a few snowmen and silver balls

Would love to hear some ideas - however crazy!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Mat

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
This was Petes (The Jokers) birthday cake made by Clive M's very clever wife this year...
birthdaypeteswoods004ac1.jpg

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Oooh fun. How about a cake (flavour of your choosing) with a hole cut out of the top,
iced, with tracks running across the icing disappearing into the hole ;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's for Christmas, Yule tide......how about a Greenman? Make him out of chocolate leaves though. Collect holly and ivy leaves, wash them and allow to dry. Then melt chocolate and brush or spoon carefully onto the leaves, set aside to dry. Carefully peel the chocolate leaves from the real ones. If you use plain chocolate, milk chocolate, caramac and white chocolate (with green food colouring) added you could colour an assortment of chocolate leaves. Make the cake a rich ginger cake and cut to shape, cover in simple chocolate spread (recipe at end) and decorate.
Doesn't need to be a Greenman, could be a christmas *tree* cut from sponges and covered as before.

Easy chocolate spread
100g butter (soften it a little in the micro)
100g icing sugar
4 heaped tablespoonsful of cocoa powder
2 tablespoonsful of milk or cream or evap or soya milk

Sieve icing sugar and cocoa together beat in butter and milk/ cream. if itr feels awfully thick add a little more cream. Orange oil is a lovely addition as is some of the syrup from a jar of stem ginger.

This spread is awfully sweet but the easiest one I know, and it's sticky enough to hold things together as well as allowing for drawing in the shape of the face, the eyes, etc.

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE