Bushcraft Christmas Dinner

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Lots of food mentioned in the thread about what we are all doing over Christmas. Got my juices going, so think about this. What would be your ideal Bushcraft Christmas Dinner. Three Courses with or without alcohol. Would you cook it indoors or out, on a stove or an open fire. Let your mind ramble! :lmao:

Bunnerz

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2006
Bedfordshire
I'd have to have duck for main! Duck in some tin foil with orange slices around it, cooked in the hot coals....lovely :D

For desert i'd go for either banana with mars bar and a bit of vodka, again in foil in the hot coals! Or a kind of apple stew with apple sugar and saltanas!

Not sure how christmasy it is but i know its damn gooood! :red:

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Starter: Crayfish on bed of fresh sorrel, dandiloin and stuff in my yard that looks like bistort.

Main course; leg of venison with silverweed rt and sea kale colcannon. drizzled elderberry and sloe sauce.

Pud: Made six months ago from seasonal fruits since marinated in cumberland brandy. Baked bananas and chocalate served as alturnative.

All cooked in the fire pit of large round house surrounded by friends, with the addition of mead and elderberry wine :beerchug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE