bushcraft campsites

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hi Guy,

Just wondered if any of you have heard of or been to a family type campsite where they do Bushcrafty type stuff?

I have finally got the wife more interested in this sort of stuff and the outdoors in general, we went to the Bushcraft show on the monday and she loved it, she saw all the demostrations there and came to the same conclusions that my kids (at least the middle 2) would love it also.

All I can find on the net (with very limited googling skills) seem to be actual Bushcraft courses for familys which cost an arm and a leg especially when you start talking about a family of 5 or 6!!!

Any help or ideas woud be great!!
All the best
Steve

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Sites like those above will give you a better environment than a standard family campsite but i doubt you are going to get anywhere that has bushy activities built in. I thinks its down to you to learn the skills mate and pass them on.

You could always bring the family to forum meets as some are very suitable and there is a huge skill base to draw on.

DaveWL

Forager
Mar 13, 2011
Cheshire, UK
We've stayed at Forgewood before - bit of a trek down from Cambridgeshire though

http://forgewoodcamping.co.uk/Bushcraft.html

The Sussex group went there last year - and came away with mixed feelings I think it's fair to say - but most of that was to do with where we set up (per instructions which were later changed).

For a family run out it could be spot on :)

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Cheers for the replys chaps, forgewood looks good, thats exactly the kind of the thing I was looking for!!!
As much as I would love to be able to pass the skills on myself, as regards knife safety an stuff I would have someone with far more experience teach my children, imho sometimes its just better to have an expert, plus I thk its more likely to stick with them and they will take it far more seriously with a reletive stranger!! Then I can build and help with learning from that point on!!
Learn it safely and right the first time, alot less risk from that point onwards!!
Cheers
Steve

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Some great entries, but there are now at least three threads on members' recommended sites. Family sites are just one of the type of places members may be interested in. Could I ask that any future enries are posted on the Bushcraft Campsites thread as there is a possibility that this could become a sticky if there are enough entries. Thanks.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Some great entries, but there are now at least three threads on members' recommended sites. Family sites are just one of the type of places members may be interested in. Could I ask that any future enries are posted on the Bushcraft Campsites thread as there is a possibility that this could become a sticky if there are enough entries. Thanks.

Makes total sense there old timer, can the posts on here be copied and pasted on to the other thread? Be great to have a thread with lots of different ideas on there!!
Cheers
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE