BushBuddy Back Packing Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jca21

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
same here. i got tired of usin the ol coffee can or sterno stove for my wood fire cookin.

so i invested into a bush buddy and never looked back. i gotta say, so far i've taken it on 5 trips and all 5 trips its been a dream. no need to pack in fuel or pack it out for that matter (canisters).

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Import duty went up to a little over £100 back in December so no import duty to pay below that.

You can't buy the Bushbuddy in the UK (except as an import, which may be subject to import duty), but you can buy a clone (the Bushcooker) from www.backpackinglight.co.uk (I have no connection with them other than as a satisfied customer). I believe that the clone is an official authorised clone manufactured by a Dutch company.

I got one a couple of months ago and am still getting to grips with it. When it runs well, it is good, but my main niggle is that it does seem to need almost continual attention in order to keep it burning properly. I may just need to learn more about how it works and how to use it, but it certainly doesn't seem to be the sort of thing that you can light and then leave alone, even for a few minutes.

However, it is fuel efficient and requires very little, easy to gather fuel - really just a handful of small dry twigs.

d

Geoff

jca21

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
heres a shot of the bushbuddy on a recent trip into the mountains. plenty of snow around and alot of ice.

i put down a bedding of spruce boughs so that the stove didnt slip and slide on the ice.

P3210168.jpg

jca21

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
lol, pp, thats after a week of sunshine and melt. there was a good 5 feet of snow on the bridges and your feet were basically level with the railings. good times.

supposed to snow a bit more in that specific mountain range. cant wait till the weekend when i can go out and play :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE